PLA (Public Library Association) Division
- ALSC/PLA Every Child Ready to Read Oversight Committee
- PLA (Charlie) Robinson Award Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA (Gordon M.) Conable Award Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA Allie Beth Martin Award Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA Annual Conference Program Subcommittee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Baker & Taylor Entertainment Audio Music/Video Product Award Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA Board of Directors (Public Library Association)
- PLA Budget & Finance (Public Library Association)
- PLA Committee Chairs (Public Library Association)
- PLA Continuing Education Advisory Group
- PLA DEMCO New Leaders Travel Grant Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA EBSCO Excellence in Small and/or Rural Public Library Service Award (Public Library Association)
- PLA Intellectual Freedom Committee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Leadership Development Committee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Legislation and Advocacy Committee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Membership Advisory Group (Public Library Association)
- PLA Performance Measurement Task Force (PLA)
- PLA PLDS Statistical Report Advisory (Public Library Association)
- PLA John Iliff Award Jury (Public Library Association)
- PLA Public Libraries Advisory Committee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Representatives and Liaisons
- PLA Romance Writers of America Library Grant Jury
- PLA Technology Committee (Public Library Association)
- PLA Upstart Innovation Award Jury (Public Library Association)
Correction- Volunteers are needed Saturday for NMRT.
The NMRT Resume Review Service needs volunteers to work as booth greeters Saturday, June 28, from 10 am until noon. If you can volunteer for any of that time, we need your help! The booth greeters’ most important duty is to keep things running on time. They sign the reviewees in, escort them to their reviewer’s table, and remind them when their 30 minute appointment is over.
To volunteer follow this link: https://sites.google.com/site/2014alanmrtrrrs/. Fill out the volunteer form and click “Submit.”
If you have questions, please contact the NMRT Resume Review Service Co-chairs: Cheryl Blevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicole Spoor (email@example.com), using “2014 Conference RRS Booth Greeter” in the subject line of your email. Thank you!
Please access the committee volunteer form from this page: http://www.ala.org/pla/about/committees
This is what the first page looks like:
Public Library Association (PLA) Committee Volunteer Form
To be a thriving, vibrant organization, PLA must have committed and active committee members. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please fill out the form below.
The Committee Volunteer Form consists of four screens. Once you reach the end of a screen, you will need to press continue. At the end of the fourth screen, make sure you press submit before closing the form.
Start by building your profile and adding any experience you have with organizations and volunteer committees. If you are interested in volunteering to be a PLA Representative to an ALA Committee, please indicate that interest in the box titled, "I am interested in serving as a representative to a division, roundtable or ALA committee or assembly."
When you finalize the first screen, press "Continue." The next screen includes a list of PLA Committees. Select up to three committees then press "Submit."
Make sure you read the confirmation page that follows to ensure it reflects your choices. Press "Submit" if it is correct, or "Reset" if you need to reselect. When you "Submit" the form, a final confirmation page follows. Please print it for your records.
When you have completed the form's four pages, your information will be available to the PLA appointing officer(s) and the PLA office. Appointing officers will carefully consider your requests and preferences. If you are appointed to a committee, one to two year terms begin following the ALA Annual Conference. Appointments are made primarily in the spring.
Committee members must:
- Be a member of PLA
- Anticipate attending Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings during the term of office and must be able to participate in the meetings and activities of the committees (ALA Policy)
- Have an interest in the work of the committee
- Be able to work between conferences.
Descriptions or charges of the PLA committees are available on PLA.org
You are welcome to volunteer year-round.
On behalf of the PLA Board of Directors, thank you for taking the time to volunteer.
List of PLA Committees on pla.org http://www.ala.org/pla/about/committees
PLA 2014 Conference Local Arrangements Subcommittee
- Public Libraries Advisory Committee