Core Bibliographic Conceptual Models Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

✉ Send an email to ALA-CoreBibliographicConceptualModels@ConnectedCommunity.org to start a discussion or share a file.

About this Group

👐 Anyone can view all content in the group, but only people who join it can post to it. Anyone can join to participate.

Purpose: Provides a dedicated forum for the discussion of conceptual models, such as IFLA-LRM and BIBFRAME 2.0, that serve as the basis for current cataloging standards or are expected to provide a foundation for future cataloging standards in a Linked Open Data environment. Topics of special interest include: theoretical foundations of bibliographical conceptual models; the implementation of bibliographical conceptual models in information systems (especially Linked Data-based systems); extensions of current conceptual models; ontologies and conceptual models used in GLAM institutions.

Related Groups:

This interest group is part of Core's Metadata and Collections Section.

Portraits of three Core members with caption Become a Member: Find Your Home: Core.

• 1.  Recording and Slides Available from the BCMIG Core IG Week session, March 2024

Posted Mar 18, 2024 02:26 PM
    Edited by Thomas Dousa Mar 18, 2024 03:03 PM

Dear all, 

We are happy to announce that the recording and slides for the BCMIG Session from Core IG Week 2024 are now available.

For the recording, please click here.

The session, entitled "Schrödinger's Catalog: Is BibFrame Alive or Dead?", which discussed prospects for BIBFRAME in light of Jeff Edmunds's recent article "BIBFRAME Must Die", consisted of

•  an introduction by moderator Thomas M. Dousa (UChicago Library), "BIBFRAME Must Die: A Synopsis of the Primary Arguments" (slides)

and two presentations: 

• Rob Sanderson (Yale University), "BIBFRAME Needs a Usability Makeover (and It's as Easy as ABC) | slides
    • Gloria Gonzalez (EBSCO), "A Love Letter to BIBFRAME: Embracing the Future of Library Open Data | slides

Thank you to our two presenters as well as all those who attended and contributed stimulating questions and comments! 

Thomas M. Dousa (UChicago), Co-Chair

on behalf of 

Daniel Lovins (Yale University), Co-Chair

Emily Baldoni (Illinois State University), Co-Vice-Chair 

Benjamin Riesenberg (University of Washington), Co-Vice-Chair

• 2.  RE: Recording and Slides Available from the BCMIG Core IG Week session, March 2024

Posted Mar 21, 2024 08:04 AM

Thomas,

Would you change the setting for Gloria's slides, so that everyone can view them? I managed to view the first two. My access is denied when I try Gloria's.  I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kumiko

------------------------------
    Kumiko Reichert
    East Asian Cataloging Librarian
    Indiana University
    She/Her/Hers
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Recording and Slides Available from the BCMIG Core IG Week session, March 2024

Posted Mar 21, 2024 09:17 AM

Dear Kumiko,

Thank you for your request. I have altered the setting for Gloria's slides, so that you should have access to them now.

Cordially,

Tom Dousa