Core MARC Formats Transition Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: 22 days ago 

✉ Send an email to ALA-CoreMARCFormatsTransition@ConnectedCommunity.org to start a discussion or share a file.

About this Group

👐 Anyone can view all content in the group, but only people who join it can post to it. Anyone can join to participate.

Purpose: Provides a forum to educate the library community about ongoing efforts to transition from the MARC Standard for bibliographic data and examines new approaches and strategies for implementing bibliographic data models within the framework of linked open data and semantic web technology.

Related Groups:

This interest group is part of Core's Metadata and Collections Section.

Portraits of three Core members with caption Become a Member: Find Your Home: Core.

Core IG Week, March 2023 QA+ follow-up

• 1.  Core IG Week, March 2023 QA+ follow-up

Posted Mar 21, 2023 07:53 AM
    Dear fellow MARC Formats Transition IG members,

At last, I was able to follow-up with our excellent presenters on the IG Week session QA, which is super informative and I would highly recommend going over! 

You can access it directly, or via IG Week 2023 folder along with their presentation slides and its recording. 

I hope many of you had a chance to give your feedback to the Core IG Week Survey, but if not, still not too late! 

In addition, if you have any specific feedback to our IG's session, please feel free to reach out to me. I'd appreciate it.  

Sincerely,

- Keiko

KEIKO SUZUKI
    ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR METADATA & COLLECTION SERVICES
    DIGITAL LIBRARIES & TECHNICAL SERVICES (DLTS)
    LIBRARIES, COLLECTIONS & ACADEMIC SERVICES (LCAS)

66 WEST 12TH STREET, RM 705, NEW YORK, NY 10011
    suzukik@newschool.edu" style="color: #666666; text-transform: lowercase" target="_blank">suzukik@newschool.edu
    T 646-909-4406

https://library.newschool.edu/

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 5:10 PM Keiko Suzuki <suzukik@newschool.edu> wrote:
    Dear fellow MARC Formats Transition IG members,

My apologies for my slow follow up. Now the recordings of the IG session are available via IG Week website including our IG's session "There's A LOT Still Happening in MARC : Some Updates on MARC Formats."

In addition, I am including our presenters' slide links and file attachments here:
    (When I get a chance, I will create a 2023 IG Week folder in the IG's ALA Connect "LIBRARY" section to store all these files and links for our record.)

I would like to give my big "THANK YOU" again to our presenters, Thurstan, Ben, Jackie and Steve. ALSO thanks all for attending! We have 1,133 people registered and 686 attended live! To continue this wonderful new tradition of the Core IG Week, please take a minute to fill out the participant evaluation survey.

Lastly, we are looking for co-chairs and co-vice-chairs for the 2023/2024 term. I will post announcements to various email lists soon, but if you are interested in serving, please feel free to contact me (suzukik@newschool.edu).

Sincerely,

- Keiko
    for MARC Formats Transition Interest Group

KEIKO SUZUKI
    ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR METADATA & COLLECTION SERVICES
    DIGITAL LIBRARIES & TECHNICAL SERVICES (DLTS)
    LIBRARIES, COLLECTIONS & ACADEMIC SERVICES (LCAS)

66 WEST 12TH STREET, RM 705, NEW YORK, NY 10011
    suzukik@newschool.edu" style="color: #666666; text-transform: lowercase" target="_blank">suzukik@newschool.edu
    T 646-909-4406

https://library.newschool.edu/