Core MARC Formats Transition Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: 17 days ago 

✉ Send an email to ALA-CoreMARCFormatsTransition@ConnectedCommunity.org to start a discussion or share a file.

About this Group

👐 Anyone can view all content in the group, but only people who join it can post to it. Anyone can join to participate.

Purpose: Provides a forum to educate the library community about ongoing efforts to transition from the MARC Standard for bibliographic data and examines new approaches and strategies for implementing bibliographic data models within the framework of linked open data and semantic web technology.

Related Groups:

This interest group is part of Core's Metadata and Collections Section.

Portraits of three Core members with caption Become a Member: Find Your Home: Core.

Core IG Week MARC Format Transition IG session on Mar. 8, 2023 : "There's A LOT Still Happening in MARC : Some Updates on MARC Formats"

• 1.  Core IG Week MARC Format Transition IG session on Mar. 8, 2023 : "There's A LOT Still Happening in MARC : Some Updates on MARC Formats"

Posted Feb 09, 2023 01:51 PM
    Dear fellow members of the MARC Format Transition Interest Group,

I am pleased to announce formally that our IG is holding a session during the Core IG Week on Wednesday, March 8th at 1pm(ET)/noon(CT)/10am(PT).  

session title: "There's A LOT Still Happening in MARC : Some Updates on MARC Formats" 
    session description: The MARC Format Transition Interest Group is pleased to hold a session on what is happening to the MARC Format while Linked Data initiatives are intensifying and progressing. The IG is fortunate to hear from three groups on their latest activities and reports:
    Whether your institutions will transition to Linked Data in the near future or not, It seems MARC will co-exist in the library world for a long time to come. So what do we need to be aware of in the MARC format's transition?

I am still looking for any IG members who are interested in helping out during the session. Also if you have any initial questions (i.e., what would you like to know from each respective group), or any ideas or adjustments that would help realize the purpose or goals of this session., please post here or contact me (suzukik@newschool) directly.

To register the session, go to the Core IG Week website or via the direct link: https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEuc-mupj8uEtFYlChf3vOZdUqoCTiY0WET 

Best, 

- Keiko

KEIKO SUZUKI
    ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR METADATA & COLLECTION SERVICES
    DIGITAL LIBRARIES & TECHNICAL SERVICES (DLTS)
    LIBRARIES, COLLECTIONS & ACADEMIC SERVICES (LCAS)

66 WEST 12TH STREET, RM 705, NEW YORK, NY 10011
    suzukik@newschool.edu" style="color: #666666; text-transform: lowercase" target="_blank">suzukik@newschool.edu
    T 646-909-4406

https://library.newschool.edu/