👐 Anyone can view all content in the group, but only people who join it can post to it. Anyone can join to participate.
Purpose: Provides a showcase for viewing and discussing the latest research projects in the organization and retrieval of information.
This interest group is part of Core's Metadata and Collections Section.
The CORE Cataloging and Classification Research Interest Group invites presentation proposals for its program during the Annual CORE Interest Group Week, Tuesday, March 7, 2023 from 2:00-3:00 PM (CST).
CCRIG's charge is to serve as a forum for sharing and discussing the latest research projects in the organization and retrieval of information.
Presentations (not including time for questions and answers) should last 15-20 minutes
Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation and maintenance of local controlled vocabularies, subject headings, or classification systems
* "Breaking the rules" to satisfy a user's need
* Retooling existing workflows or practices based on public service work, assessment, or user feedback
* Meeting the needs of unique user groups
* Adopting new technologies or standards (e.g., BIBFRAME, RDA)
* DEI efforts in Cataloging and Classification
* Strategic planning in the library
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your proposal by Friday, February 10th using our Google form. Presenters will be notified by Wednesday, February 15th.
Thank you and we look forward to reading your proposals!
Co-Chairs, Cynthia A. Romanowski and Cindy TianVice Chair, Patricia Ratkovich
225 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1300 | Chicago, IL | 60601 | USA
Request a New Community