SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The Social Responsibilities Round Table works to make ALA more democratic and to establish progressive priorities not only for the Association, but also for the entire profession. Concern for human and economic rights was an important element in the founding of SRRT and remains an urgent concern today. SRRT believes that libraries and librarians must recognize and help solve social problems and inequities in order to carry out their mandate to work for the common good and bolster democracy.

Learn more about SRRT on the ALA website.

• 1.  Zoom Link and Tentative Agenda for 2/19/24 SRRT Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 15, 2024 04:01 PM
    All -

Apologies for the super late email. I sent this a few days ago and apparently my email ate it. It was only when I realized that I didn't have any responses that I noticed it never sent. - April

Below is the current agenda. We may have an addition or two, but we wanted to get this out to our membership asap.
    • ALA President Candidate Ray Pun
    • ALA President Candidate Sam Helmick
    • Approval of January Minutes - April Sheppard
    • Mentorship Program Idea – Rebekah Black
    • ALA Core Values Working Groups

April & Charles

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.

• 2.  RE: Zoom Link and Tentative Agenda for 2/19/24 SRRT Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 15, 2024 08:59 PM
    What time is the meeting?

--
    Rory Litwin

Pronouns: he, him, his

P.O. Box 188784
    Sacramento, CA 95818
    Tel. (916) 905-0291 (mobile)
    Tel. (916) 917-5951 (house phone)
    Fax (916) 415-5446

The Sacramento area is the tribal land of Nisenan people of the central valley, the Foothills and Southern Maidu people to the north, the Valley Miwok and Me-Wuk people to the east, and the Patwin, Wintun, and Wintu people to the south and west. 

• 3.  RE: Zoom Link and Tentative Agenda for 2/19/24 SRRT Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 15, 2024 09:30 PM
    10am Central

April