SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The Social Responsibilities Round Table works to make ALA more democratic and to establish progressive priorities not only for the Association, but also for the entire profession. Concern for human and economic rights was an important element in the founding of SRRT and remains an urgent concern today. SRRT believes that libraries and librarians must recognize and help solve social problems and inequities in order to carry out their mandate to work for the common good and bolster democracy.

Learn more about SRRT on the ALA website.

• 1.  FYI - Final Agenda for 2/19/24 Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 19, 2024 08:41 AM
    All -

SRRT Action Council will meet today, February 19th, at 10am Central.

Below is the final agenda. The only difference is that the Core Values bullet point has been broadened.
    • ALA President Candidate Ray Pun
    • ALA President Candidate Sam Helmick
    • Approval of January Minutes - April Sheppard
    • Mentorship Program Idea – Rebekah Black
    • ALA Core Values - Charles Kratz & April Sheppard

April & Charles

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.

• 2.  RE: FYI - Final Agenda for 2/19/24 Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 19, 2024 12:06 PM

Hello,

I was unable to attend the meeting this morning, but I'd really like to see the recording. Was it recorded?

Thank you,

Rory Litwin

------------------------------
    Rory Litwin
    President
    Library Juice Academy
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: FYI - Final Agenda for 2/19/24 Action Council Meeting

Posted Feb 19, 2024 01:59 PM
    Hello Rory!

No, the meeting was not recorded. I did take minutes and will have them out later today or tomorrow. Feel free to reach out if you have questions on anything.

April

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.