SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The Social Responsibilities Round Table works to make ALA more democratic and to establish progressive priorities not only for the Association, but also for the entire profession. Concern for human and economic rights was an important element in the founding of SRRT and remains an urgent concern today. SRRT believes that libraries and librarians must recognize and help solve social problems and inequities in order to carry out their mandate to work for the common good and bolster democracy.

Learn more about SRRT on the ALA website.

Fwd: You're Invited! Join Us for the 2024 ALA Virtual Membership Meeting on June 18th!

• 1.  Fwd: You're Invited! Join Us for the 2024 ALA Virtual Membership Meeting on June 18th!

Posted May 13, 2024 03:03 PM
    All -

In case you didn't receive the email below or skimmed it, you must register for the virtual membership meeting by June 13th in order to vote at the meeting.

Also, all ALA members, included SRRT members, can submit resolutions for consideration at the membership meeting. Resolutions are due 48 hours before the meeting: https://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/council/resolutionwebform.

April

---------- Forwarded message ---------
    From: Emily Drabinski, ALA President <membervalue@ala.org>
    Date: Wed, May 8, 2024 at 1:16 PM
    Subject: You're Invited! Join Us for the 2024 ALA Virtual Membership Meeting on June 18th!
    To: <banhatenotbooks@gmail.com>

Reserve your spot now for the 2024 ALA Virtual Membership Meeting – Tuesday, June 18th. Register today to ensure your participation and stay informed with updates from ALA Leaders.

View this email in your browser.

Hello April,

I am excited to invite you to our upcoming annual ALA Virtual Membership Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, June 18th.

The Membership Meeting serves as a crucial platform for ALA members to actively engage in discussions surrounding key issues impacting libraries and librarianship. It's also an opportunity for members to advocate for important causes by introducing Resolutions, Memorials, and Tributes. You can access guidelines on submitting these items online.

In addition to these discussions, attendees will receive valuable updates from ALA leaders, gain insight into the latest organizational developments, and hear reports from myself, along with the President-Elect, Executive Director, and Treasurer.

Register Now

Please remember to register for this session via Zoom by June 13th to ensure you receive your voting credentials for the meeting. Your active participation is vital, and registering by the deadline ensures that your voice is heard and your vote counts. Voting credentials will be distributed on June 17th. ALA staff may not be able to accommodate members who have not Zoom registered by June 13th.

For more details on submitting resolutions, voting procedures, and the meeting agenda, please visit our website.

Looking forward to your active participation,

Emily Drabinski

ALA President 2023 – 2024

PS: Don't forget, the ALA Annual Conference in San Diego is also around the corner – I'd love to connect with you there too!

American Library Association

225 Michigan Ave. Suite 1300 | Chicago, IL | 60601

Opt-out from membership announcements here.

Unsubscribe from ALL ALA communications (including newsletters, membership information and conference information) here.

View our privacy policy.

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.