SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The Social Responsibilities Round Table works to make ALA more democratic and to establish progressive priorities not only for the Association, but also for the entire profession. Concern for human and economic rights was an important element in the founding of SRRT and remains an urgent concern today. SRRT believes that libraries and librarians must recognize and help solve social problems and inequities in order to carry out their mandate to work for the common good and bolster democracy.

Learn more about SRRT on the ALA website.

• 1.  Call for Agenda Items for 4/15/24 SRRT Meeting

Posted 21 days ago
    Good morning (or afternoon)!

Please send Charles and I your agenda items for the SRRT Action Council meeting at 10am Central by the end of Thursday. We'll send out the agenda Friday.

April & Charles

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.

• 2.  RE: Call for Agenda Items for 4/15/24 SRRT Meeting

Posted 20 days ago
    ALA Executive Director's search and requirement for library degree
    Boycott of states that criminalize ALA
    Brief report on Combatants for Peace Zoom program and recording

• 3.  RE: Call for Agenda Items for 4/15/24 SRRT Meeting

Posted 19 days ago
    Noted!

--
    April Sheppard
    banhatenotbooks@gmail.com

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.

• 4.  RE: Call for Agenda Items for 4/15/24 SRRT Meeting

Posted 19 days ago

Hi, Al!

May I ask for clarification about what you envision as a boycott of disaffiliated states? Alabama hasn't disaffiliated with ALA yet, but it's certainly trying. 

------------------------------
    Alyx Kim-Yohn
    Librarian II
    Huntsville Madison County Public Library
    They/Them/Theirs
    ------------------------------