Image Resources Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: 12 days ago 

Charge: A forum for ongoing discussion of the unique issues presented by the development and support of interdisciplinary image resources in academic libraries.
Community members can post as a new Discussion or email ALA-acrlirig@ConnectedCommunity.org
Before you post: please note job postings are prohibited on ALA Connect. Please see the Code of Conduct for more information.

IRIG interest group status renewed through 2024 by ACRL Board and other updates

• 1.  IRIG interest group status renewed through 2024 by ACRL Board and other updates

Posted Jun 24, 2021 03:47 PM
    Hello IRIG members and friends!

I just wanted to let you know that I was just notified by Lauren Carlton, Program Coordinator ACRL Member Services, that the ACRL Board of Directors renewed our interest group yesterday for another 3-year term, through June 30, 2024!

In addition, if you missed last week's virtual summer meeting, there is a recording of the lightning talks from Anna Boutin-Cooper, Malia Van Huekelem, Megan Carlton, Regan Murphy Kao and Toshie Marra, and Bonnie Finn, along with a community notes document, available on our website:

Finally, just a reminder that Jackie Fleming (jkflemin@iu.edu) will be taking over as 2021-22 IRIG Convener on July 1, with Sarah Huber (huber47@purdue.edu) stepping into the Incoming Convener role. Please reach out to them with any questions, concerns, or ideas for IRIG for the coming year, and look for their email with updates about programming and initiatives for our interest group!

Best,
    Maggie

--
    Maggie Murphy (she/her)
    Assistant Professor, Visual Art & Humanities Librarian
    Liaison to the School of Art, Weatherspoon Art Museum, and Departments of Interior Architecture, Philosophy, Religious Studies, History, and Languages, Literatures & Cultures 

UNC Greensboro is a community of learners situated within a network of historical and contemporary relationships with Native American tribes, communities, parents, students, and alumni. I acknowledge that this land has long served as the site of meeting and exchange amongst a number of Indigenous peoples, specifically the Keyauwee and Saura. (Why are land acknowledgments important?)