ACRL Leadership Discussion Group1

View Only
last person joined: 25 days ago 

Charge: Provides a forum for conversation, communication and collaboration about leadership and management issues important to academic librarians.
Community members can post as a new Discussion or email ALA-acrlleadershipdg@ConnectedCommunity.org
Before you post: please note job postings are prohibited on ALA Connect. Please see the Code of Conduct for more information.

#Academic Libraries
#Leadership
#Administration and Management

Fall 2023 Leadership Discussion Group Recordings Available

• 1.  Fall 2023 Leadership Discussion Group Recordings Available

Posted Jan 08, 2024 09:30 AM

I am delighted to announce the availability of two insightful recordings from our Fall 2023 Leadership Discussion Group meetings. These sessions featured thought-provoking discussions and valuable insights, which I am sure you will find both interesting and beneficial.

1. "We're Still Tired: A Journey Toward Authenticity and Away from Burnout" by Melissa Mallon

• In this session, Melissa Mallon delves into the crucial topic of workplace burnout and the pursuit of authenticity. Her insights are particularly relevant in today's fast-paced work environment.
      • Watch the recording
    2. "Maintenance as a Core Value: Recommendations for Increasing Gender Equity on Digital School" by Amanda Koziura and Stephanie Becker

• This discussion, led by Amanda Koziura and Stephanie Becker, explores the importance of maintenance as a core institutional value and its impact on gender equity, especially in digital educational environments.
      • Watch the recording

These sessions are a testament to our commitment to continuous learning and leadership development. I encourage you to take the time to view these recordings and reflect on how these discussions might apply to your work and personal growth.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and insights with the group after viewing. Engaging in dialogue helps us to collectively grow and improve.

Best,
    Rusty

------------------------------
    Russell Michalak
    Director of Library, Learning Center & Archives
    Goldey-Beacom College
    He/Him/His
    ------------------------------