Technical Services Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Charge: Provides a broad framework for information exchange on current developments and activities related to technical services.
Community members can post as a new Discussion or email ALA-acrltsig@ConnectedCommunity.org
Before you post: please note job postings are prohibited on ALA Connect. Please see the Code of Conduct for more information.

Call for presenters for ALA Core Virtual IG Week - Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services (March 9, 2023)

• 1.  Call for presenters for ALA Core Virtual IG Week - Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services (March 9, 2023)

Posted Jan 13, 2023 10:47 AM

*Please excuse cross-postings*

Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services Interest Group (RPLTS) invites speakers to present at 2023 CORE Virtual Interest Group Week. The RPLTS session will take place virtually on Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 9:00 AM Pacific / 10:00 AM Mountain / 11:00 AM Central / 12:00 PM Eastern. 

We seek out proposals on topics regarding the role of professional librarians in Technical Services promoting and incorporating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in academic libraries. We look forward to providing an engaging session with 2-3 short presentations (15-20 minutes max. each) offered in tight succession, followed by a brief Q&A. We welcome your presentation proposals by January 31, 2023, with selection communicated by February 10, 2023. You do not need to be a member of ALA/Core to present or attend. 

Please submit your proposal using this form bit.ly/RPLTS_CIGW_2023.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your proposals.

Co-Chairs - Marina Morgan (mmorgan@flsouthern.edu) and Amy Fry (amyfry@illinois.edu)  

Co Vice-Chairs - Alayne Mundt (mundt@american.edu) and Greg Ferguson (greg.ferguson@nyu.edu

------------------------------
    Marina Morgan, Senior Metadata Librarian
    Florida Southern College, Roux Library
    +1 (863) 616-6450 | mmorgan@flsouthern.edu

• 2.  RE: Call for presenters for ALA Core Virtual IG Week - Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services (March 9, 2023)

Posted Feb 10, 2023 05:48 PM

Hello, Marina.

I was wondering if the notifications of acceptance and denial for this event went out yet. I sent in my proposal, but I have not heard anything. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS

Periodicals/Reference Librarian

Axe Library

Pittsburg State University

Pittsburg KS 66762

620-235-4884

bpope@pittstate.edu

Barbara Pope
    Periodicals/Reference Librarian
    Pittsburg State University