Health Sciences Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Charge: An opportunity for academic librarians with health sciences responsibilities to have a place in ACRL to network, share information, ask questions, and work on special projects relevant to the academic health sciences.
Community members can post as a new Discussion or email ALA-acrlhsig@ConnectedCommunity.org
Before you post: please note job postings are prohibited on ALA Connect. Please see the Code of Conduct for more information.

Apply to 2022-23 RTI - Deadline extended to January 31

• 1.  Apply to 2022-23 RTI - Deadline extended to January 31

Posted Jan 12, 2022 02:36 PM

Good news for those interested in learning the right skills to conduct high-quality research. MLA???s Research Training Institute (RTI) has extended the deadline for 2022-23 applicants to January 31.

RTI transforms library professionals with any level of research skills into experts who are able to independently conduct a quality research project. RTI training covers all stages of designing, implementing, and communicating a successful health information research project.

Know anyone who could benefit from this program? Encourage them to apply!

Participants develop effective research questions, select a research design, identify the components of a research project, collect, manage, and analyze data, publish and present the results of a research project, and much more.

Past RTI Fellows report experiencing enhanced career opportunities after participating in the program. Here???s what some of them have said about their RTI experience:

???Participating in the RTI has been like getting a mini-PhD.???

???Excellent instructors, curriculum content, and course readings???

???RTI has helped me approach my research ideas from a place of empowerment instead of apprehension.???

???I now feel confident in my ability to forge forth with a project I???m passionate about.???

???One of the most productive and professional fulfilling milestones of my career.???

Apply for RTI

Questions about the application process? Contact RTI Project Director Susan Lessick, AHIP, FMLA.