What library technology topics are you passionate about? Have something you can help others learn?
LITA invites you to share your expertise with an international audience! Our courses and webinars are based on topics of interest to library technology workers and technology managers at all levels in all types of libraries. Taught by experts, they reach beyond physical conferences to bring high quality continuing education to the library world.
We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities.
Submit a proposal by February 16th to teach a webinar, webinar series, or online course for Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall 2020.
All topics related to the intersection of technology and libraries are welcomed, including:
- Machine Learning
- IT Project Management
- Data Visualization
- Library-related APIs
- Change management in technology
- Big Data, High Performance Computing
- Python, R, GitHub, OpenRefine, and other programming/coding topics in a library context
- Supporting Digital Scholarship/Humanities
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Linked Data
- Implementation or Participation in Open Source Technologies or Communities
- Open Educational Resources, Creating and Providing Access to Open Ebooks and Other Educational Materials
- Managing Technology Training
- Diversity/Inclusion and Technology
- Accessibility Issues and Library Technology
- Technology in Special Libraries
- Ethics of Library Technology (e.g., Privacy Concerns, Social Justice Implications)
- Library/Learning Management System Integrations
Instructors receive a $500 honorarium for an online course or $150 for a webinar, split among instructors. Check out our list of current and past course offerings to see what topics have been covered recently. Be part of another slate of compelling and useful online education programs this year!
Questions or Comments?
For questions or comments related to teaching for LITA, contact us at (312) 280-4268 or firstname.lastname@example.org