ALA Council

View Only
last person joined: 3 months ago 

Fwd: Register before 6/17 for the Hybrid 2023 ALA Membership Meeting and Information Session

• 1.  Fwd: Register before 6/17 for the Hybrid 2023 ALA Membership Meeting and Information Session

Posted Jun 09, 2023 10:20 AM
    Councilors,

I want to highlight something in this message that I missed until I saw a comment in a Round Table list.

"All ALA members attending either in person or virtually need to register on Zoom by June 17th to receive voting credentials. If you register after June 17th, you will still be able to attend the meeting, but you will be unable to exercise your right to vote when member action is called upon."

All of us attending in-person need to register for the Zoom to get voting credentials!!!

FYI,
    Jules

---------- Forwarded message ---------
    From: Lessa Kanani'opua Pelayo-Lozada <MemberValue@ala.org>
    Date: Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 11:27 AM
    Subject: Register before 6/17 for the Hybrid 2023 ALA Membership Meeting and Information Session
    To: <7shore@gmail.com>

Register via Zoom by 6/17 for the Hybrid 2023 ALA Membership Meeting and Information Session on June 24th

View this email in your browser.

Hello Jules,

This year, for the first time, we are offering both in-person and virtual participation options, to participate in the 2023 ALA Membership Meeting and Information Session so you can choose the format that works best for you.

The Membership Meeting is a unique opportunity for ALA members to engage in discussions on important issues that affect libraries and librarianship. This is your chance to bring issues that matter to the floor and discuss how they might be addressed within ALA by introducing Resolutions, Memorials and Tributes. You can find guidelines on how to submit a resolution, memorial, or tribute online.

Additionally, members will hear updates from ALA leaders, with receive first-hand information on the latest developments within our organization and hear reports from the myself, President-Elect, Executive Director, Treasurer, and Endowment Trustees.

Register via Zoom

Please note that you must register for this session via Zoom in advance by June 17th in order to receive your voting credentials for the meeting. This will ensure that your voice is heard and your vote counts during the Membership Meeting. All ALA members attending either in person or virtually need to register on Zoom by June 17th to receive voting credentials. If you register after June 17th, you will still be able to attend the meeting, but you will be unable to exercise your right to vote when member action is called upon.

Find more information about how to submit resolutions, how to vote in the meeting, and the meeting agenda online.

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Lessa Kanani'opua Pelayo-Lozada

ALA President 2022 – 2023

American Library Association

225 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601

ala.org

Please review ALA's Privacy Policy.

Click here to opt-out from future Membership Announcements.

To unsubscribe from all American Library Association e-communications, click here.