Residency Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: 3 months ago 

Charge: To support resident librarians, former resident librarians, and any interested parties to network, share their expertise, and promote resident librarian groups.
Community members can post as a new Discussion or email ALA-acrlresig@ConnectedCommunity.org
Before you post: please note job postings are prohibited on ALA Connect. Please see the Code of Conduct for more information.

Fwd: Announcing the 2022 Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians

• 1.  Fwd: Announcing the 2022 Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians

Posted Mar 08, 2022 08:00 AM
    FYI!

Date: Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 8:23 AM
    Subject: [apala-l] Announcing the 2022 Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians
    To: apala-l <apala-l@lists.gseis.ucla.edu>

Hello everyone! 

I'm so pleased to announce the return of the Minnesota Institute for early career librarians from traditionally underrepresented groups. I'm also thrilled to share that I am one of the lead faculty members for the Institute, along with Kaetrena Davis Kendrick (we are both 2008 alumni of the program). We are really excited to bring our own experiences and perspectives on leadership that centers collective care while working to dismantle oppressive systems embedded in academic libraries. We will be coming together as a cohort from July 18-20 to learn together in person at the University of Minnesota, followed by four virtual sessions to take place in the fall.

The Institute is open to BIPOC academic librarians/archivists who have no more than 3 years of professional experience. The deadline to apply is March 27. 

For more information, please see: https://www.lib.umn.edu/about/institute#about 

Please consider applying and share widely!
    Thank you,
    Ione
    --
    Please allow one working day for me to respond to your email. I try to respond to messages in a timely manner, during my normal work hours. I recognize your work hours may differ from mine, so please respond when it's appropriate for you. I appreciate your patience as we all try to balance work and well-being during the pandemic.

Ione T. Damasco (she/they)
    Hear how to pronounce my name: https://www.name-coach.com/ione-damasco
    Associate Dean for Inclusive Excellence, Engagement, and Operations
    Professor
    Roesch Library
    University of Dayton
    300 College Park
    Dayton, OH 45469-1360
    (937) 229-4238

------------------------------
    Tarida Anantachai (she/her), MS/LIS
    Director, Inclusion & Talent Management