LHRT (Library History Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 17 days ago 

The mission of the Library History Round Table (LHRT) is to encourage research and publication on library history and promote awareness and discussion of historical issues in librarianship.

Learn more about LHRT on the ALA website.

• 1.  Poster Session on the 1928 ALA Annual Conference

Posted Jun 09, 2023 10:57 AM

Greetings LHRT!

I writing to let you know  that I am presenting a poster at the ALA Annual Conference on Sunday, June 25th, from 11:30am-1:00pm at McCormick Place, Room W190A.  My poster is "We Were There Too: African Americans and the 1928 ALA Annual Conference."  The poster is based on a blog post I did several years ago about the 1928 ALA Annual Conference and the nine African American librarians in attendance:

http://littleknownblacklibrarianfacts.blogspot.com/2012/01/50th-annual-conference-of-american.html  

Thanks!

Michele Fenton

------------------------------
    Michele Fenton
    Librarian I/Cataloger
    Indiana State Library
    Indianapolis, IN
    mfenton@library.in.gov
    (317) 234-4937

• 2.  RE: Poster Session on the 1928 ALA Annual Conference

Posted Jun 12, 2023 10:09 AM

Thank you for sharing this, Michele. I'm looking forward to seeing your poster!

I am also presenting a poster at ALA that may be of interest to LHRT. The poster, "Special Delivery: Philatelic Library Models and Access to Collections," shows research in progress on the history of philatelic libraries. It will be in the same location from 1:30-3:00pm on Sunday, June 25.

Tara

Tara Grove
    Librarian for Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
    Penn State University Libraries