LHRT (Library History Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

The mission of the Library History Round Table (LHRT) is to encourage research and publication on library history and promote awareness and discussion of historical issues in librarianship.

Learn more about LHRT on the ALA website.

need your help with LHRT chronology 1998-2023

• 1.  need your help with LHRT chronology 1998-2023

Posted Mar 27, 2023 07:31 PM
    Hello friends --
    In recognition of LHRT's 75th anniversary, I am compiling a chronology of the past 25 years of LHRT's history to update the one that Andrew Wertheimer and John David Marshall published in Libraries & Culture back in 2000. If all goes well, my update will be published in the next issue of LHRT's journal, Libraries: Culture, History, and Society
    I have already used old editions of the LHRT newsletter and other sources, but I am reaching out to the "hive mind" with a request for help.

If you served on LHRT's Executive Committee, spoke at its conference programs, and/or won any of its awards from 1998 to 2023, I encourage you to review a draft of the chronology, available herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1nEUwSFWI1Kj6oa5WpTgBNcUxs7toHQlvQRG2v88j6uI/edit?usp=sharing
    Please make sure that I've rendered your name and your institution correctly and let me know of any errors, omissions, etc. 
    Also, I'd love some help filling in the gaps. They are highlighted in red within the chronology, but my "ten most wanted" are:
    1). Names of LHRT officers in 1997/1998
    2). Papers presented at the 2005 LHRT Chair's Program
    3). Name of speaker and title of lecture for the 2006 Holley Lecture
    4). Name of author and title of article for the 2008 Davis Award
    5). Organizers of Library History Seminar XII in 2010 (anyone else besides Christine Pawley?)
    6). Titles of papers presented at the 2014 Research Forum
    7). Names of speakers and titles of presentations at the 2017 Research Forum and Holley Lecture
    8). Names of LHRT officers in 2018/2019
    9). Name of speaker and title of lecture for the 2019 Holley Lecture
    10). Date and theme of the 2020 Research Forum
    Thanks so much for your help -- and thanks for your ongoing interest in LHRT --

Bernadette  🙂

------------------------------
    Bernadette Lear
    Librarian
    Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg Library
    She/Her/Hers,Ms.
    ------------------------------