EMIERT (Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

• To serve as a source of information on recommended ethnic collections, services, and programs.
  • To organize task forces, institutes, and workshops to carry out the functions of the Round Table as defined in the petition.
  • To develop for Annual conferences forums and symposia programs that deal with the key issues of ethnicity and librarianship.
  • To maintain a liaison with the Office of Library Outreach Services and cooperate with other ALA units, including the caucuses in joint projects for the betterment of outreach services.
  • To disseminate the work of the Round Table through a program of publications

Learn more about EMIERT on the ALA website.

• 1.  LLX2024/CSKBART EB and CSKBART/EMIERT Membership "greet and eat" - informal meet up

Posted Dec 05, 2023 01:04 PM

Traveling to Baltimore for LLX2024?

The Coretta Scott King Book Awards Round Table (CSKBART) would love to "put a face to the names" of CSKBART/EMIERT members! There is time built into the LLX2024 schedule for a Refreshment Break from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST in the Baltimore Convention Center, LLX Marketplace, Level 100. This is a time to gather informally just to touch base and see each other face-to-face.  How about those of us (EB and CSKBART/EMIERT members) who will be in attendance at LLX2024, take advantage of this time to just "say hello" and "I'm glad to be in 'service' with you"? 

As we get closer to LLX2024 (January 19-22, 2024), stay tuned for additional details!    

Stay healthy, rejoice, and be glad.

------------------------------
    dr. J

Janice Newsum, PhD
    CSKBART Chair - 2023-2025
    Associate Professor
    University of Houston Clear Lake

• 2.  RE: LLX2024/CSKBART EB and CSKBART/EMIERT Membership "greet and eat" - informal meet up

Posted Dec 08, 2023 01:18 PM

Hello. 

I think this will be a great time for us all! 

I look forward to additional details. 

I am really interested in getting more involved.

See everyone soon!

Shabrina McPherson
    Student
    University of North Carolina SLIS Greensboro
    She/Her/Hers

• 3.  RE: LLX2024/CSKBART EB and CSKBART/EMIERT Membership "greet and eat" - informal meet up

Posted Dec 12, 2023 04:25 PM
    Which day?  Thanks, Emily