AASL Chapters Forum

View Only
last person joined: 25 days ago 

Membership in the AASL Chapters Forum is open to all and may include the state-level school library association’s president/chair, other officers, conference chair, etc. Past Delegates and other interested stakeholders from the association may join the forum. This space provides an opportunity to share, discuss and ask questions from chapter colleagues across the country.

Participation on this site is regulated by ALA’s Online Code of Conduct.

AASL members are automatically added to the community and may edit their notification preferences by clicking "Settings" in the header above. 

Watch a quick video on how to manage your email notifications.

Watch a quick video on how to join the discussion.

The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

• 1.  The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

Posted 25 days ago

AASL empowers leaders to transform teaching and learning.

Image removed by sender.

The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

This weekly summary of AASL Knowledge Quest blogs offers school librarians the chance to catch up on the latest posts on the Knowledge Quest website.

6 Tips for Teaching Kindergarten in the Library

Kelly Hincks

2024-04-08 05:44 PM

Recently, I had a colleague who was hired as an elementary librarian.  When I asked her what she was most nervous about for her new role she shared teaching kindergarteners.  It got me thinking about how teaching younger children can... Read More ›

Happy School Librarian Day!

Courtney Pentland, AASL President 2023-2024

2024-04-04 07:00 AM

Happy School Librarian Day! If you haven't heard it yet today, THANK YOU! The work you are doing every day in your school communities is vital, important, and makes a difference in the lives of those you serve. If I... Read More ›

AutoCrat: Automation for Google Form Responses

Steve Tetreault

2024-04-02 10:02 AM

Automation Makes Life Easier! In a recent meeting, someone suggested that each upcoming newsletter have a short reaction or reflection from a large body of members. But the amount of work involved in coordinating, collecting, and standardizing all the input... Read More ›

March Book Madness: A Competition of Novels

Karin Greenberg

2024-03-26 03:14 PM

Let the Games Begin Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four, Championship... every March I hear these buzzwords in my library. The NCAA March Madness basketball tournament livens up the room. Teens huddle around smartphones watching the last minutes of nail-biters.... Read More ›

Understanding Ukraine's Plight Through Children's Literature

Christie Kaaland

2024-03-22 03:01 PM

As the Russian invasion in Eastern Europe begins its third year, many families- including children- continue to suffer. The U.S. is deeply involved in this assault, and no matter where, as a librarian, one stands politically on this fact, it... Read More ›

Image removed by sender. facebook

Image removed by sender. instagram

Image removed by sender. linkedin

Image removed by sender. pinterest

Image removed by sender. snapchat

Image removed by sender. tiktok

Image removed by sender. twitter

Image removed by sender. youtube

Copyright © 2023 AASL, All rights reserved.

AASL, 225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601

ALA Privacy Policy

Image removed by sender. Higher Logic

Image removed by sender.