AASL Chapters Forum

View Only
last person joined: 24 days ago 

Membership in the AASL Chapters Forum is open to all and may include the state-level school library association’s president/chair, other officers, conference chair, etc. Past Delegates and other interested stakeholders from the association may join the forum. This space provides an opportunity to share, discuss and ask questions from chapter colleagues across the country.

Participation on this site is regulated by ALA’s Online Code of Conduct.

AASL members are automatically added to the community and may edit their notification preferences by clicking "Settings" in the header above. 

Watch a quick video on how to manage your email notifications.

Watch a quick video on how to join the discussion.

The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

• 1.  The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

Posted Mar 06, 2024 09:08 AM

AASL empowers leaders to transform teaching and learning.

The Latest on AASL Knowledge Quest

This weekly summary of AASL Knowledge Quest blogs offers school librarians the chance to catch up on the latest posts on the Knowledge Quest website.

Building Relationships through The Gift of Story – an AASL Town Hall event

Courtney Pentland, AASL President 2023-2024

2024-03-01 09:00 AM

I've been sitting on this news for a few weeks, and I am SO EXCITED to share it with you! You're Invited to join Courtney Pentland, AASL President, and John Schu for a conversation about his book on May 7th... Read More ›

Get Involved: Making an Impact in Librarianship Through Volunteering for AASL

Becky Calzada, AASL President-Elect

2024-02-14 01:18 PM

Join AASL and Help Shape the Future of School Librarianship As members of the American Association of School Librarians (AASL), we understand the power of volunteering within our local communities. We contribute to our schools and school districts, sharing our... Read More ›

AI and this moment in search technology history

Hannah Byrd Little

2024-02-12 09:00 AM

A source? While writing this blog post, I couldn't help but reflect on the ongoing debate surrounding citing AI as a source. This topic sparks much discussion among librarians and educators alike. I hope to communicate my perspective on AI... Read More ›

Building Connections with Students

Courtney Pentland, AASL President 2023-2024

2024-02-09 10:02 AM

It is remarkable to think that February 2024 has already begun. It feels like just yesterday that we were celebrating the new year, and now we are part way through second semester. Last month was filled with an energy that... Read More ›

(Re)Building A School Library, Part 3: Reconstituting A Physical Space

Steve Tetreault

2024-02-08 09:00 AM

The Story So Far:  At the end of the 2018-2019 school year, a renovation shuttered my middle school's library. They reallocated the space for use as science labs as part of a school renovation. The renovation also reconfigured science rooms... Read More ›

Copyright © 2023 AASL, All rights reserved.

AASL, 225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601

ALA Privacy Policy