NMRT (New Members Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The mission of the New Members Round Table (NMRT) is to help those who have been association members less than ten years become actively involved in the association and the profession.

Learn more about NMRT on the ALA website.

Online Programs Discussion Forum January 2024: what web-based program would help new librarians the most?

• 1.  Online Programs Discussion Forum January 2024: what web-based program would help new librarians the most?

Posted Jan 12, 2024 11:04 AM

Hello NMRT Members!

As the Online Programs Committee gears up for hosting a webinar for new-and-early career librarians, we want to hear from you!

• What sort of online programs for new librarians would you like to see that you haven't seen being offered anywhere? 
    • What webinar or program do you wish you'd had access to when you first started out as a library worker? 
    • What topic do you think needs more attention that maybe doesn't get enough in traditional library school education? 

Let us know what you'd like to see!

------------------------------
    Beth Jarrell
    Librarian
    Sanibel Public Library
    She/Her/Hers

• 2.  RE: Online Programs Discussion Forum January 2024: what web-based program would help new librarians the most?

Posted Jan 21, 2024 10:19 AM

In my library program I wish I had a short class or webinar that explained how to obtain a library job with only my graduate coursework experience and how to write a library cover letter as they differ from other industries.

Gabby Amorelli, MLIS
    Chair of Programming Committee
    Federal and Armed Forces Libraries Interest Group (FAFLIG)
    Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)
    American Library Association (ALA)