NMRT (New Members Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

The mission of the New Members Round Table (NMRT) is to help those who have been association members less than ten years become actively involved in the association and the profession.

Learn more about NMRT on the ALA website.

NYS Copyright First Responders, cohort 2: Coming February 2024

• 1.  NYS Copyright First Responders, cohort 2: Coming February 2024

Posted Nov 08, 2023 01:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm forwarding this message from the NYS Copyright First Responders Network. They will be having training for a second cohort in the spring. It is a free and great way to learn more about copyright. I know I learned way more than I did in grad school. It also prepares you to handle some copyright reference questions at your institution. The benefit is that you can network with your fellow trainees and get help with tricky questions. Some other states have networks and more are being trained all the time. However, if you're not in NY and want to join, feel free to email Emily Kilcer (ekilcer@albany.edu) because it's likely you can still attend. 

Thanks,

Kathleen

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kathleen Flynn

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics & Statistics,

and Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences Librarian

University at Albany, Science Library

518-437-3943 | kflynn@albany.edu

Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 8:32 AM
    To: SUNYLA discussion group <sunyla-l@ls.suny.edu>
    Subject: [sunyla-l] NYS Copyright First Responders, cohort 2: Coming February 2024

Dear Colleagues, 

We are pleased to announce the New York State Copyright First Responders Network (NYS CFRN) second cohort training. This program is aimed at building community and creating copyright expertise in libraries and cultural institutions, so essential to the research, teaching, and learning we support. 

The CFR program features a library-centered copyright law curriculum, building expertise through a decentralized hub-and-spoke learning community that can provide network-wide support in a trusted environment. 

For more information on this initiative, see 

The NYS CFRN trained over 70 participants in the first NYS CFRN cohort from diverse areas of librarianship and across a breadth of institutions, including Binghamton University, Cornell, Columbia University, The Graduate Center/CUNY, Downstate Medical University, Farmingdale State College, Stony Brook University, SUNY Oneonta, University at Albany, University at Buffalo, and Upstate Medical University.  

We invite you to join the training sessions planned for Spring 2024, but you must register in advance.  

The NYS CFRN cohort training will launch on February 6, 2024, and run through April 16, 2024. The every-other-week sessions will be 2 hours long, from 9:30 to 11:30 am (via Zoom). There is no registration fee; however, CFR trainees commit to attending and participating in all sessions and are encouraged to be part of this community of practice beyond the training sessions. You do not have to be affiliated with an academic institution to participate. We welcome participants from public and special libraries and archives, as well as cultural heritage institutions. 

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. We look forward to your interest and participation in this initiative.  

Best wishes,
    Emily Kilcer

Emily Kilcer (she/her | Why pronouns matter)

Scholarly Communication Librarian

Dewey Graduate Library | University at Albany

ekilcer@albany.edu | 518.442.3686