GODORT (Government Documents Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

The mission of the Government Documents Round Table (GODORT) is to (1) To provide a forum for discussion of problems, concerns, and for exchange of ideas by librarians working with government documents; (2) to provide a force for initiating and supporting programs to increase availability, use, and bibliographic control of documents; (3) to increase communication between documents librarians and other librarians; (4) to contribute to the extension and improvement of education and training of documents librarians.

Learn more about GODORT on the ALA website.

• 1.  Friday Chat, 10/14 @ 12 pm CT - Civic Engagement & the 2022 midterm elections

Posted Oct 12, 2022 04:35 PM
    Please join us this Friday for our chat on Civic Engagement and the 2022 midterm elections!

Registration for the Friday Chat series is here (only need to register once, Zoom link is same for each one): https://godort.libguides.com/fridaychats

------------------------------
    Kian Flynn
    Geography & Global Studies Librarian
    University of Washington Libraries

• 2.  RE: Friday Chat, 10/14 @ 12 pm CT - Civic Engagement & the 2022 midterm elections

Posted Oct 21, 2022 09:48 AM
    Are the calendar invites for the Friday Chats off/incorrect? I have in my Outlook that we had one on the 7th and another today, the 21st. It looks like we don't. As it's Friday (and post-conference), this has broken my brain. [Did I create my own Friday Chats outlook entry, because that would explain a lot...]
    This GODORT page doesn't clearly indicate if it applies to 2022, so I wasn't sure if I should rely on it or not, though it does appear to be topically correct. 

Charlie Amiot
    Government Documents & Serials, Reference Librarian
    University of Baltimore School of Law
    She/Her/Hers

• 3.  RE: Friday Chat, 10/14 @ 12 pm CT - Civic Engagement & the 2022 midterm elections

Posted Oct 21, 2022 02:24 PM
    Hi Charlie,
    Apologies for the confusion! The correct dates are on the registration page (https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkdOuurT8uGdCqOd3ZxD7OzKRS8BOL7DBM) and the guide that you linked to (I added the year to the dates to hopefully clear up any confusion).

I'm not sure about the calendar invite. I don't have a calendar invite in my calendar for the Friday chats -- I just added the event series to my calendar manually.

-Kian

Kian Flynn
    Geography & Global Studies Librarian
    University of Washington Libraries