GODORT (Government Documents Round Table)

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

The mission of the Government Documents Round Table (GODORT) is to (1) To provide a forum for discussion of problems, concerns, and for exchange of ideas by librarians working with government documents; (2) to provide a force for initiating and supporting programs to increase availability, use, and bibliographic control of documents; (3) to increase communication between documents librarians and other librarians; (4) to contribute to the extension and improvement of education and training of documents librarians.

Learn more about GODORT on the ALA website.

• 1.  2022 GODORT Buddy program

Posted Jun 01, 2022 08:31 AM

The GODORT Buddy program provides a personal introduction to the ALA Government Documents Roundtable.  The Buddy pairing is just for the 2022 conference but by completing the form below you will have an active GODORT member to answer your questions and introduce you to other GODORT members at the GODORT 101 session and other GODORT events taking place during conference.   

If you are a current GODORT member and would like to help out a newcomer please complete the form also. 

GODORT Buddy program sign-up form:    https://forms.gle/9XCoEMhe8ThPzfeR6

------------------------------
    Denise Jones
    State Publications Clearinghouse Liaison
    State Library of North Carolina
    She/Her/Hers

• 2.  RE: 2022 GODORT Buddy program

Posted Jun 01, 2022 08:44 AM

Question –

What if we are familiar with GODORT but this is our first ALA annual conference?

I can't help with the conference – I could use guidance.

But I can help with GODORT.

http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/ld.php?content_id=8790030

Jenny Groome | Reference Librarian
    Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Ave | Hartford, CT  06106
    Tel.: 860-757-6500
    jenny.groome@ct.gov

• 3.  RE: 2022 GODORT Buddy program

Posted Jun 01, 2022 09:51 AM
    No need to be a newcomer to GODORT.  If you are new to attending a ALA conference we'd like to help.

Denise Jones
    State Publications Clearinghouse Liaison
    State Library of North Carolina
    She/Her/Hers