RUSA RSS Virtual Reference Tutorial Subcommittee (Reference Services Section) Committee
- Skills module - will be complete by the end of summer
- Once this is complete, the Virtual Reference Companion will go "live", to be linked from RSS webpage(s).
- A call will go out requesting "Tips & Best Practices" from MARS, RSS, VR, and other groups with content to be added to this resource
- As content gets added to modules, so do references get added to the Resources pod
- Team meeting - entire team meets monthly. Module teams meet as needed for revision tasks.
- Progress reports - updates shared periodically with VR Committee, RSS, and MARS.
- Finish updating content for 4 modules and add them to Drupal by the end of 2012 (Planning-completed; Training/Interview Skills/Core Competencies-in progress and merging into one module)
- Finish updating content for remaining modules and add to Drupal by ALA Annual 2013 (revised goal is to have 5 modules complete by Annual 2013 and to have the entire resource completed by Annual 2014)
- Create a survey for collecting quotes from practitioners in the field to use on the site
- Perform user testing on modules with the ALA VR community
- Meet monthly to discuss module revisions and results
- Share progress updates on a timely basis
UPDATE (October 2012): The committee has been meeting regularly and continues to work on the modules. We are making progress and are nearing the end of work on our first two modules.
UPDATE (April 3, 2013): The committee continues to meet regularly and is working on modules in subgroups. The 4 previously-mentioned modules are almost done (3 of them are being merged into one Skills module) and we are currently working on the Technologies module. 5 more modules to go plus the welcome page.
- Training module – finalizing content updates and adding to Drupal
- Interview skills module - begin discussing updates as a larger group, then sending to sub-group for actual content updating and adding to Drupal
- List of resources/bibliography - organize the list by topic, continue to add sources as needed
- Team meeting – entire team meets monthly. Module teams meet as needed for revision tasks.
- Progress reports – updates shared periodically with VR Committee, RSS and MARS
- Permissions from ALA to edit the Welcome screen in Drupal
- Content of the Policies module has been updated and loaded to Drupal