Syndicate content

RUSA Access to Information Committee (Reference and User Services Association) Committee

In: Equity of Access, RUSA RSS (Reference Services Section), Reference Services
View:   Faces | List

Online Doc Minutes from Midwinter 2016 Meeting

by Janet OKeefe on Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 06:22 pm

Online Doc Midwinter Meeting 2016 Agenda

by Janet OKeefe on Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 02:41 pm

Event RUSA Access to Information Midwinter Meeting

by Janet OKeefe on Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 04:08 pm

Meeting will be held at the Westin Waterfront, Hancock Room.  I will send out the agenda and attachments soon.

File RUSA-AIC-Agenda-Annual-2015

by Janet OKeefe on Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:54 pm

DOC File, 23.5 KB

File RUSA-AIC-Minutes-Midwinter-2015

by Janet OKeefe on Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:53 pm

DOCX File, 476.9 KB

Event Annual 2015 Second Meeting

by Janet OKeefe on Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 08:35 am

Meeting will be held in MCC - 232 (S) if needed. Meeting will be cancelled if we do not have anything left to discuss after Saturday's meeting.

Event Annual 2015 Meeting Room information

by Janet OKeefe on Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 08:33 am

Meeting Room is Hilton - Presidio. Any interested non-members are welcome to attend.

Online Doc Midwinter 2015 Meeting Announcement and Agenda

by Janet OKeefe on Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:57 am

RUSA Access to Information Committee will meet on Saturday, January 31st from 8:30 - 10:00 in the Renaissance Blackstone, POTUS Boardroom.  All are welcome to attend. The agenda is attached.

Online Doc Annual 2014 Notes/Minutes

by Janet OKeefe on Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:54 am

RUSA AIC Meeting, June 28, 2014

 

 

Call to order 8:45 

Minutes approved

 

Interpretations

Labeling & Rating: There are issues with tagging in ILS systems, patron reviews, etc., that are unaddressed here. In a world where authority control is becoming obsolete we need guidance on how to deal with user generated ratings. 

 

RUSA AIC Meeting, June 28, 2014

 

 

Call to order 8:45 

Minutes approved

 

Interpretations

Labeling & Rating: There are issues with tagging in ILS systems, patron reviews, etc., that are unaddressed here. In a world where authority control is becoming obsolete we need guidance on how to deal with user generated ratings. 

 

Privacy: What about privacy of patrons posting on library sites or social media? Are we required to provide a venue for anonymous commenting? With some social networks privacy is not an option. 

 

All the rest pending or OK.

 

Education 

Student led classes haven't taken shape yet. We don't know how in-depth our guide has to be. We will try to slant it toward access issues like tying the digital divide to CIPA.  Clearly there is a growing need for this.

 

Trigger Warnings

School by school thing. 

Trigger warnings on-line are because you may stumble on things and you don't have to read it. If school trigger warnings mean you don't have to read it then teachers will stop assigning things. We don't want to stop talking about difficult issues. We want them discussed in this safe environment where you do have access to counseling. 

 

Net neutrality: we are for it.

 

Legislative Assembly: Lisa read the proposal to add Legislative Issues to our charge. We agreed that this is the best committee to handle it. We will also look into developing training.

More...

Event RUSA Access to Information Committee Meeting

by Janet OKeefe on Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 01:41 pm

Our first meeting will be on Saturday morning in Las Vegas Convention Center N227. We will meet again on Monday, July 30th at the same time in Las Vegas Convention Center N214 if necessary.

 

Pages

To coordinate RUSA’s efforts at promoting access to information in user and reference services; to report to the RUSA Board of Directors at each Annual Conference on the current state of affairs and as needed throughout the year, recommending action in support of access to information.

Subscribe to RUSA Access to Information Committee (Reference and User Services Association)