ACRL EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee (Educational and Behavioral Sciences Section) Committee

Closed group
In: ACRL EBSS (Education & Behavioral Science Section), Education
11 members  |  About this group  |   Syndicate content

 

Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Agenda
Education and Behavioral Sciences Section
American Library Association
Virtual Midwinter Meeting, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
12:30 CST (1:30 EST) through 2:00 CST (3:00 EST)

 

 

1
View:   Faces | List
DiscussionsDiscussions
Discussions

Event EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Midwinter 2013 Meeting Agenda

by Susan Wortman on Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 02:13 pm

 

Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Agenda
Education and Behavioral Sciences Section
American Library Association
Virtual Midwinter Meeting, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
12:30 CST (1:30 EST) through 2:00 CST (3:00 EST)

 

 

 

Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Agenda
Education and Behavioral Sciences Section
American Library Association
Virtual Midwinter Meeting, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
12:30 CST (1:30 EST) through 2:00 CST (3:00 EST)

 

 

  1. Welcome and Introductions – Sue Wortman
  2. Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Librarians Group
  3. Discussion – What do you hope to get from this committee?
  4. Updating Social Work Selector’s Toolbox
  5. ACRL 2013 – April 10-13
  6. Topics and goals for ALA Annual (June 27 – July 2, 2013, Chicago)
  7. Sharing: What have you been doing? What are the hot topics/innovations in Social Work?
  8. Other business
  9. Adjourn

 

Please contact me with any questions prior to the meeting, either through email or ALA Connect. This is an open meeting so anyone interested is cordially invited.

Sue Wortman
Hatcher Graduate Library
University of Michigan
913 S. University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
734-764-5198
swortman@umich.edu

 

 

This will be a virtual meeting, using Adobe Connect. Use this URL to attend the meeting http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r297nvpqn99/.  You will need a USB headset (one with an internet connection) to use the VoIP feature in Adobe Connect. It is recommended that you have headsets with microphones available and that you have the most current version of Flash player on your computer. Additional tips on Adobe Connect are listed below.

  1. Use Firefox, if possible - Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
  2. Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
  3. Only use PDF or PPT files
  4. You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
  5. Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest--so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate--both need to be GREEN.
  6. Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
  7. To test audio, click on 'Meeting' in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. IMPORTANT: You must click all the way through the audio wizard in order to save your selections.
More...

Discussion Next steps for the new Social Work Liaison's Toolkit

by Susan Wortman on Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 03:46 pm

Hi All, 

Hi All, 

Sara Memmott, our committee web person has started the bare-bones of our new Social Work Liaison Toolkit, based on content from our Google Doc. Please take a look at the site and send me any feedback or comments. The hope is to complete this project and have it up and available on the EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee web space before ALA Annual. 

 

Thanks!

Sue Wortman

More...

Discussion Virtual Meeting Notes - August 16, 2013

by Susan Wortman on Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 02:21 pm

Here is a brief synopsis of our Google Hangout meeting that took place this afternoon at 2:00 EST
 
We went through what is currently on the Google Docs page, 
http://tinyurl.com/SWselectorstoolkit section by section, talked about what needed to be worked on and what sections were near completion.
 

Here is a brief synopsis of our Google Hangout meeting that took place this afternoon at 2:00 EST
 
We went through what is currently on the Google Docs page, 
http://tinyurl.com/SWselectorstoolkit section by section, talked about what needed to be worked on and what sections were near completion.
 
We mentioned that some sections were duplicating current resources and that we might not want to create a repetition of something already created. People felt this how and where the guide was finally published would clarify whether we needed to duplicate efforts or use link to other resources. 

 

We talked about how to go about publishing this. I mentioned that I contacted the publishers of the Sudden Selector's Guides to see if there would be interest in a social work resources guide. Other members of the EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare committee were not interested in pursuing this. They mentioned that printed guides like this become dated quickly and that this would be a lot of work. We will not pursue this as a committee. 

 

Other publishing options mentioned were the EBSS wiki and Wordpress. Communication Studies used the EBSS wiki platform for a similar guide. Laura Kottutsky explored using WordPress to publish the guide. This group talked with Sara Memmott, who is our liaison to the EBSS Publications and Communications Committee about the process we would need to go through to publish this guide. Sara will check into this and let us know within the next 2 weeks. There was concern that a guide would not be findable if we used the EBSS wiki. Sara and members will experiment with current EBSS wikis and see if this is a legitimate concern. 

 

We currently don't have anyone taking the lead for the open access section so we will work on updating this area together. If someone wants to volunteer to spearhead this section please speak up! We talked about including an introduction to the section along with other resources on OA, like the DOAJ and others. 
 
We agreed that each section should include a brief introduction and that each resource should include in it's description why it's included.
 
Our next steps will be to explore both the EBSS wiki and WordPress, get word from the Publications Communications Committee on process and platform and then start working to get this resource published. 
 
We will be in touch via email or ALA Connect. 
 
Sue Wortman

More...

Discussion EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee - Annual Meeting 2013

by Susan Wortman on Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:31 am

Hello All,

Thanks to those of you who were able to attend our annual meeting on Sunday in Chicago. We seem to have an exciting and engaged group this year. I have created a poll in ALA Connect for committee members to vote to accept the minutes I wrote for this meeting. They need to be reviewed by the committee and accepted before being sent to our EBSS Secretary Bruce Stoffel. Please take a few minutes to review these and vote by next week. If you would rather just email me saying you approve the minutes that would be fine, too.

Hello All,

Thanks to those of you who were able to attend our annual meeting on Sunday in Chicago. We seem to have an exciting and engaged group this year. I have created a poll in ALA Connect for committee members to vote to accept the minutes I wrote for this meeting. They need to be reviewed by the committee and accepted before being sent to our EBSS Secretary Bruce Stoffel. Please take a few minutes to review these and vote by next week. If you would rather just email me saying you approve the minutes that would be fine, too.

Since I neglected to print out our Midwinter meeting minutes I will attach both those minutes and the minutes from this past meeting Saturday, June 30 so that you can review both together. There are polls attached to each of these in ALA Connect but, again, if you would rather just send me your approval or concerns/additions to these minutes via email that's fine.

I look forward to working with all of you this year.

Best,

Sue

More...

Discussion Call for Agenda Items for Annual EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Meeting

by Susan Wortman on Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 04:09 pm

Please submit any suggestions or additions to the committee meeting agenda. Our committee is scheduled to meet  on Sunday, June 30 from 10:30 to 11:30 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago in the Columbus room IJ.

A tentative agenda is listed below.

Hope to see everyone in Chicago!

Sue

 

Draft Agenda

Please submit any suggestions or additions to the committee meeting agenda. Our committee is scheduled to meet  on Sunday, June 30 from 10:30 to 11:30 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago in the Columbus room IJ.

A tentative agenda is listed below.

Hope to see everyone in Chicago!

Sue

 

Draft Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. Minutes from Midwinter Meeting
  3. Progress and discussion about new Social Work Selectors' Toolkit
  4. EBSCO Social Work Resource Center - does you library have it? What do you think?
  5. Any new or useful LibGuides or other guides for social work you'd like to share?
  6. Library instruction and social work/social welfare - Are your stats up? down? Are your instruction requests changing? How are you working with faculty and students?
  7. Other topics - news and conversation about your library

 

More...

Event Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Meeting (ACRL EBSS)

by ALAConnect Helpdesk (staff) on Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 01:25 pm

This is the meeting of the EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee.

More information about this conference session

Discussion Social Work Selector's Toolkit - PDF Archive of Web Pages

by Susan Wortman on Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 07:05 am

An archival copy of the Social Work Selector's Toolbox is attached to this announcement as a PDF. The Social Work Selector's Toolbox is currently a part of the EBSS web site (http://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/directoryofleadership/sections/ebss/eb...) but will be taken down because it is out of date. The committee intends to update the toolbox and offer it in a different format but is archiving this old version here on ALA Connect as a PDF. 

Discussion Link to Social Work Selector's Toolkit Google Doc

by Susan Wortman on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 03:46 pm

Here's the link to a bare-bones Google Doc I set up for our group to work on gathering information for a new selector's toolkit. All I did was add headings on different pages to represent the sections we discussed in our meeting today. I also added a section for collecting helpful resources for policy assignments, which was a suggestion from Susan Edwards, who couldn't make the meeting. 

 

Take a look and go to work, adding content ideas!

 

Here's the link to a bare-bones Google Doc I set up for our group to work on gathering information for a new selector's toolkit. All I did was add headings on different pages to represent the sections we discussed in our meeting today. I also added a section for collecting helpful resources for policy assignments, which was a suggestion from Susan Edwards, who couldn't make the meeting. 

 

Take a look and go to work, adding content ideas!

 

http://tinyurl.com/SWselectorstoolkit

 

Sue

More...

Online Doc Transcript of Midwinter Virtual Meeting - January 9, 2013, 12:30 - 1:35 CST

by Susan Wortman on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 01:52 pm

Here's a transcript of our meeting. Thanks to those who attended. It was a good discussion and I look forward to working with you. 

Sue 

 

Here's a transcript of our meeting. Thanks to those who attended. It was a good discussion and I look forward to working with you. 

Sue 

 

Megan Griffin:This meeting will begin at 12:30 p.m. CST
>  Sue W.:Hmm, can't you hear me?
>  Sue W.:I'll try my audio check
>  Sue W.:can't hear me, eh?
>  Megan Griffin:Laura, can you hear Sue?  I cannot.
>  Megan Griffin:Sue, in your audio check, did it record you?
>  Sue W.:yes
>  Megan Griffin:Hi Laura, can you try speaking to see if we can hear you?
>  Megan Griffin:Karen and Laura, can you hear Sue?
>  Sue W.:Am I the only one without sound?
>  Sue W.:I had sound before but once I did my audio check it stopped
>  Megan Griffin:a couple things to try: go into your computer settings
>under sound/audio and be sure both your input and output is set to your
>usb
>  Megan Griffin:or try plugging your usb into another usb port
>  Megan Griffin:next thing to try: leave the session and log back on
>  Megan Griffin:be sure you're in Firefox
>  Sue W.:I'll try to leave and come back. Yes, I made sure to be in
>Firefox
>  Karen Hartman:I thought I heard Sue, but softly
>  Megan Griffin:Karen, can you speak?
>  Karen Hartman:I do not think it is working.  I tried to work through
>the set-up, but got hung up on testing to record.  Suggetions?
>  Karen Hartman:Just heard Sue!
>  Karen Hartman:Yes, but trying to get my mike to work.
>  Laura Koltutsky:I can hear you too Sue
>  Diana Mitrano:yes
>  Sue W.:http://goo.gl/q9PSV
>  Necia:hello! I used to be a member and decided I'd try to attend.
>  Necia:Necia Parker-Gibson, University of Arkansas. I do Social Work,
>Sociology, psyc, and a bunch more.
>  Diana Mitrano:LIU Brooklyn, Cataloger, Education MS
>  Karen Hartman:Hi-Karen-I am a member of the committee and I am the
>liaison at Rutgers University
>  Laura Koltutsky:Hi I am Laura Koltutsky and I am a social sciences
>librarian at the University of Calgary, Canada
>  Kimberly Pendell:Hello, I am Kimberly Pendell, Social Work and Scoial
>Sciences Librarian at Portland State University
>  Karen Hartman:It was called Practice Wise-sorry, still working on my
>mike
>  Karen Hartman:I was there.  what technically is the difference between
>the two?
>  Necia:committees archive minutes, and may have a budget.
>  Karen Hartman:We would then lose our web prescence on the EBSS site,
>correct.
>  Necia:yes, that's another -- I think there is the expectation of output.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I am not a member of the committee, but have
>volunteered to be...
>  Kimberly Pendell:I think losing the website wouldn't be great.
>  Karen Hartman:I think some of this discussion came out of a concern
>about the number of members-we are a very small committee, relatively.  I
>am also coming up against the four year limit on membership again.  I
>would attend anyway, but that is a problem.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I think there is valuable information there.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Yes, I can see that too.
>  Necia:when I was a member, it was hard to get much attendance at
>conference.
>  Necia:that is, a quorum at meetings
>  Kimberly Pendell:I am one of those thrown into the role!
>  Laura Koltutsky:I wouldn't receive travel funding to attend discussion
>meetings rather than committee meetings.  Little concerned about that on
>a personal level
>  Roberta Astroff:Hi, Roberta Astroff, from Univ. of Texas at San Antonio
>here.  Unfortunately I cannot hear more than a tiny murmur, so will
>depend on the chat.
>  Laura Koltutsky:I always appreciated the discussion at the committee
>meetings.
>  Roberta Astroff:I can hear!
>  Kimberly Pendell:For me, a primary interest right now is how to
>integrate instruction with the CWSE EPAS--that seems like a good topic
>for discussion.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I haven't attended a discussion group meeting, so I'm
>not sure of all the differences.
>  Roberta Astroff:Yes, I can hear you.
>  Karen Hartman:I would prefer to remain a committee.
>  Roberta Astroff:I do get funding to attend discussion groups.  And I
>found the discussion last time about the group at the Social Work
>conference very helpful.
>  Roberta Astroff:That sounds good.  I imagine it will be a long process.
>  Kimberly Pendell:agreed
>  Karen Hartman:And perhaps get some leniency re: membership, for more
>than the limit, etc.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I should say though that I am unable to go to ALA
>Annual this year.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I think allowing for virtual committee meetings is
>helpful.
>  Roberta Astroff:Being able to drop into meetings does encourage new
>members, I think.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Are there rules that there must be an in-person
>meeting at each Annual?
>  Sara Memmott:Hi, I'm Sara Memmott, Social Work librarian at Eastern
>Mich Univ.  I'm not a member of the committee, attending out of interest
>in the topic. And I'm also one of hte EBSS web site editors
>  Diana Mitrano:Apologies,  I need to go now.
>  Diana Mitrano:thanks
>  Roberta Astroff:I like the idea of pushing ALA to accept more virtual
>meetings, in place of attendance, given 1) funding issues, and 2) so many
>conferences people do have to attend.
>  Necia:I agree with Roberta.
>  Necia:I would agree that there is a niche, if they are updated.
>  Sara Memmott:here's a link to selectors toolbox:
>http://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/directoryofleadership/sections/ebss/ebss
>website/social/toolbox/soctoolbox
>  Laura Koltutsky:I referred a colleague to it when she started.  She
>found it helpful even with it needing updates.
>  Roberta Astroff:Agreed
>  Laura Koltutsky:I would be willing to work on it.
>  Karen Hartman:I was one of the original authors (video section) and I
>think working through google docs is a good idea.  We may be able to
>narrow down the topics a bit, add some, e.g., open access sources and
>issues, etc.
>  Laura Koltutsky:yes
>  Karen Hartman:Yes
>  Necia:sorry, called out, have to go. Thanks, all.
>  Kimberly Pendell:yes, I think resources by topic might be helpful, as
>opposed to format.
>  Laura Koltutsky:Goodbye Necia
>  Kimberly Pendell:for example, I would like to build up our collection
>in social justice
>  Laura Koltutsky:Yes, I agree, by topic might be more helpful
>  Kimberly Pendell:really anything of good quality
>  Kimberly Pendell:as an example
>  Kimberly Pendell:and open access is a very big issue in my opinion,
>considering so many social workers end up in work environments with very
>limited access to journals, etc.
>  Sara Memmott:I would be willing to help
>  Karen Hartman:I am happy to do so.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I would be willing to help
>  Laura Koltutsky:I would be happy to help, I think that we should have
>assignments
>  Kimberly Pendell:i have been building a guide of open access here at
>portland state
>  Laura Koltutsky:That is to split up the sections today?
>  Karen Hartman:I would be happy to work on statistics, data, and tests.
>But I also wonder if we could discuss more about the topics.  The
>evaluating collections page is nice, but frankly, couldn't someone just
>search the literature for this?
>  Laura Koltutsky:I like the idea of creating one document in Google Docs
>  Sara Memmott:I agree that sticking to the subject-specific info is more
>useful.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I guess I tend to think more in topic area than
>format, but changing that around would be a lot of work.
>  Laura Koltutsky:I think that there should be something about
>collections, its more a question of how to sort that out.
>  Roberta Astroff:One issue I need help with is data sets.  It is not
>clear heere who would host them, and it would help to hear how various
>places are dealing with that.
>  Karen Hartman:Journals, statistics/data, tests/measures seems to come
>up constantly.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I do that too.
>  Kimberly Pendell:(Look at others guides)
>  Kimberly Pendell:The sustainability of these lists are always an issue
>:)
>  Sara Memmott:might be this:
>http://wikis.ala.org/acrl/index.php/A_Statistical_Directory_for_Education_
>%26_Social_Science_Librarians
>  Karen Hartman:And open access.  This is more a topic, than format, but
>maybe a section that links to good libguides (such as Sue's) on resources
>for graduates of social work schools..alumni!
>  Kimberly Pendell:Karen, could you send a link to that guide?
>  Roberta Astroff:I think Karen's point is very important about resources
>for alumni who are now working in the field
>  Kimberly Pendell:if you have it handy
>  Karen Hartman:Sue, how about the link for your guide?
>  Kimberly Pendell:this is my draft guide:
>http://guides.library.pdx.edu/opensocialwork
>  Laura Koltutsky:I think that makes sense
>  Kimberly Pendell:agreed
>  Sara Memmott:sounds good
>  Laura Koltutsky:I can do journals
>  Karen Hartman:I can do statistics/data
>  Kimberly Pendell:I could do open access
>  Kimberly Pendell:May I be on the commitee? :)
>  Kimberly Pendell:thanks!
>  Sara Memmott:I'll work on whatever is left.
>  Karen Hartman:Lucky you!  Michigan has money!
>  Karen Hartman:I saw a demo here...hope they are building it up more.
>  Sara Memmott:I'll do tests and measures.
>  Laura Koltutsky:Cool!  I always appreciate having specific tasks
>  Karen Hartman:Sue, how about you and I doing statistics/data together?
>Or I can do it alone with your input.
>  Kimberly Pendell:If people could also say on the doc what they think
>the scope should be, that would be helpfu.
>  Kimberly Pendell:helpful
>  Karen Hartman:Let me give it a start, and then you can supply input.
>  Karen Hartman:The human resource directory and the webliography?
>  Karen Hartman:No, I think we should archive them.
>  Laura Koltutsky:No, I think that keeping some record would be helpful
>but it doesn't need to remain.
>  Roberta Astroff:I will be there.
>  Kimberly Pendell:i will be there
>  Sara Memmott:I'm not able to go to ACRL
>  Laura Koltutsky:No sadly not
>  Laura Koltutsky:It would be interesting but it would depend on
>scheduling
>  Sara Memmott:Same as Laura
>  Laura Koltutsky:Friday night?
>  Karen Hartman:Yes, scheduling.  If we meet again on sunday, after the
>meeting?
>  Laura Koltutsky:That might work
>  Laura Koltutsky:quick question
>  Laura Koltutsky:why is our meeting on a different day than most EBSS
>  Laura Koltutsky:not asking for a change, just curious
>  Karen Hartman:I do not know the history, and yes probably trying to
>accomodate people who served on more than one committee.
>  Laura Koltutsky:Okay, thanks
>  Laura Koltutsky:How many of you are dealing with interdisciplinary
>programs or doctorates.
>  Kimberly Pendell:My school is moving to the 2008 EPAS
>  Kimberly Pendell:so I am trying to figure out how to support the
>practice behaviors/competencies.
>  Kimberly Pendell:We have public health/social work dual degree
>  Roberta Astroff:WE are moving toward more hybrid local-distance courses.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I wish I could get onto the curriculum
>committee...good news about his response
>  Karen Hartman:So are we....hybrid, online, etc.
>  Kimberly Pendell:We have distance option, and connecting with those
>students is a challenge.
>  Karen Hartman:Also, certificate programs within the master's program,
>e.g., addictions, gerontology, etc.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I have been building more instructional elements into
>my guides.
>  Roberta Astroff:I would like to do that to support the hybrid classes,
>so am working on changing the focus of my lib guides.
>  Sara Memmott:I've been struggling with how best to provide instruction
>for online courses.  Our program is just beginning to offer some online
>courses.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Also, if anyone know the best way to approach policy
>research, I'd love to know!
>  Kimberly Pendell:I struggle with it every year.
>  Roberta Astroff:The instructors need a lot of information about how
>their students can access resources.
>  Sara Memmott:So far I have worked with an instructor to adapt
>assignments, and provided some video demos and other instructional
>materials on a libguide
>  Laura Koltutsky:We have many distance education students and it is
>challenging to present information to these people with varying levels of
>connectivitiy and IT competencies.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Sara, would love to see your guide
>  Karen Hartman:Yes, policy is difficult, because it is never a direct
>route.  I have developed lib guides for specific classes, but I am
>constantly revising, etc.
>  Roberta Astroff:Sara, me too please.  Would like to see your libguide
>for distance students.
>  Kimberly Pendell:I would like to do video consults, but many of our
>distance students don't have very strong technology skills
>  Kimberly Pendell:(they meet in person, they are not online)
>  Sara Memmott:I actually don't have the online class guide up right now,
>but it's similar to this one for the in-person section:
>http://guides.emich.edu/swrk430
>  Kimberly Pendell:a lot of returning students
>  Laura Koltutsky:Skype occasionally but mostly just use the phone
>function
>  Kimberly Pendell:open access for practicing social workers is also of
>interest for me, and I've been pursuing it as part of my research agenda
>  Kimberly Pendell:I think I might have emailed with her once
>  Karen Hartman:This is a different issue entirely, but we are the only
>program in the country that has classes on all three of our campuses (New
>Brunswick, Newark, Camden) and I have been trying to build more of an
>ebook collection, as we can only buy 1 print copy usually,eetc.   Any
>input on ebooks, discussion would be great.
>  Kimberly Pendell:agree with ebooks
>  Roberta Astroff:Part of the changes I am making in my Libguides, in
>part to deal with distance classes and other classes that cannot meet
>with me in person, is to start off with discussions of research (basic
>definitions, etc) and thenprovide pathways to research.  But I am now
>focusing on the meaning of doing research, since so many of our SW
>students are returnees after years out of school.
>  Kimberly Pendell:anything reference-y I try to get in ebook
>  Kimberly Pendell:but can get very expensive
>  Kimberly Pendell:Can we lobby APA to have an ebook version of the style
>guide?!
>  Roberta Astroff:Karen, our primary preference in collections now,
>across disciplines, is for e-books, in part for the same reason -- we
>have two campuses plus distance courses.
>  Kimberly Pendell::)
>  Karen Hartman:Perhaps we can discuss more in-person!  And yes, happy to
>talk about the open access initiative at RU.
>  Kimberly Pendell:yes, I use purdue
>  Roberta Astroff:Yes, we use OWL all the time.
>  Karen Hartman:Yes, please do capture the comments!
>  Roberta Astroff:Yes, please send us a transcript of this discussion!
>  Karen Hartman:This has been great, Sue.
>  Laura Koltutsky:Thanks Sue
>  Sara Memmott:Thanks for organizing the meeting, Sue!
>  Kimberly Pendell:Oh, and EBP would be something I would like to discuss
>in the future.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Thank you! Thanks for having me as a guest.
>  Kimberly Pendell:Yes,
>  Kimberly Pendell:and ACRL
>  Kimberly Pendell:I am in EBSS too
>  Laura Koltutsky:Yes, I am on ALA Connect
>  Karen Hartman:Yup.
>  Kimberly Pendell:yes
>  Roberta Astroff:I will have to check.
>  Sara Memmott:yes
>  Karen Hartman:Happy New Year all.
>  Roberta Astroff:Thanks Sue!
>  Laura Koltutsky:You too
>  Sara Memmott:Bye!
>  Kimberly Pendell:Bye!
>  Laura Koltutsky:Bye
>  Sue W.:Great having everyone join the group, thanks!
>  Sue W.:Bye
>  Karen Hartman:Bye

More...

Online Doc ACRL EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee ALA Annual Minutes 2012

by Susan Wortman on Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 02:01 pm

Here are the minutes taken by Monique Andrews for our meeting in Anaheim. Thanks for all of your work the past 2 years, Monique!

Sorry I missed this meeting but I look forward to working with all of you to develop future ideas for this committee. Look for more information soon.

 

Best, 

Sue Wortman

Pages

To provide a forum for librarians who serve social work/social welfare fields in academic settings; to sponsor discussions and programs; to produce publications to meet the needs of this clientele; and to undertake liaison activities with other professional organizations as appropriate.

Subscribe to ACRL EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee (Educational and Behavioral Sciences Section)