ACRL IS Advisory Council (Instruction Section) Committee
As promised at the chairs’ orientation last month, I will be holding a couple of virtual IS Advisory meetings. The first one will be:
Thursday, 27 October
1:00 Mountain time (that’s 12:00 Pacific, 2:00 Central, and 3:00 Eastern)
Our agenda for this first session will be:
- Using survey and project forms
- Update regarding the Professional Education committee
- Discussion: What new committees do we need? What are the unmet interests and needs for the section?
- Discussion: Conference attendance:
- Your thoughts on the ALA Annual conference - values, frustrations, do you go?, etc.
- Thoughts about sending a survey regarding conference attendance, what people need, etc.?
Access instructions are below for this virtual meeting. I will record the session, and post the recording to the Advisory list after the meeting has concluded. I look forward to seeing you there!
Topic: IS Advisory Virtual Meeting
Time: Oct 27, 2016 1:00 PM (GMT-6:00) Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/950687383
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,950687383# or +14086380968,950687383#
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 950 687 383
International numbers available: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=C8S9Fy2h2GoOG_7LVjkZQTwg6x8WkM7D
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
H.323: 220.127.116.11 (US West) or 18.104.22.168 (US East)
Meeting ID: 950 687 383
The agenda for the IS Professional Education Committee's upcoming meeting is attached. The meeting will take place via Adobe Connect on May 12, 2015 from 1-2pm ET.
Below are the directions for connecting to Adobe Connect for the meeting.
1) If you have never used Adobe Connect before, please take a moment to make sure that your computer is compatible with Adobe Connect. Go tohttp://arcps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm to test your computer. This online connection test quickly ensures that your computer is ready to use Adobe Connect 9. This test automatically starts when you link to the page.
2) Go to the following URL to access the meeting:
3) Enter as a Guest with your name.
4) You will need to have your computer speakers turned on in order to hear the meeting. A microphone is very helpful for communication, but you can also use the text chat for communication.