THE MODULE. Community
by Ron Jankowski on Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 09:26 amMore...
Here is a quick summary of our next steps. We agreed to work towards a July 15 target dates on these items.
- Develop specific goals for the initiative. (Ron and Mary to contribute. Ron will do a draft for the group to review.
- Develop a draft work plan for the group to review (Ron). I believe this group will also need to determine the scope of the work.
- Create a list of stakeholders and why they are considered stakeholders (All – though Wendy and Lorelle will likely have the most input). Please post information of the MODULE ALA Connect group. Ron will compile.
- Agree on a lexicon for some of our ambiguous terms for clarity and ease of communication. (Kathy and Lorelle will give input on this.)
- Share any relevant research, data, etc. (Wendy and Lorelle will likely have much of this). If feasible, post on the MODULE ALA Connect group. It was mentioned that Fred from LLAMA may have some useful information.
- Feel free to talk with any stakeholder groups, formally or informally. (All)
- Offer suggestions / recommendations for members of the Content group and for hiring a “course developer.” At the last meeting, we discussed whether an independent / freelance developer or a company might be better. My bias was towards a company so that issues of updates, possible technical support, etc. could have better continuity. We also discussed that five Content group members plus Kathy and Ron (as staff support) would be the preferred group size.
If I have missed anything. Please let me know.