Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Picture
Yunfei Du's picture

Mid-winter committee meeting

When: 
Saturday, January 25, 2014
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, US/Eastern

RNTLOAK committee meeting

Yunfei Du's picture

Our meeting location is Pennsylvania Convention Center
112 B.

John Hales's picture

I will not be at midwinter.  I'm not sure I am still on this committee, as I was a PLA appointment by the President of PLA in the past, and I do not recall completing paperwork this past year. I am retired and not regularly attending ALA any longer.
If you ever need any "old" somewhat wise thought on rural libraries please feel free to contact me, especially if you need a contact in Florida.  I am still active in the FLA and it's Legislative Committee, and conference.
Good luck in the Committee's activities.
John D. "Danny" Hales, Jr.
Dhales@neflin.org



On Friday, January 24, 2014, ALA Connect connect@ala.org> wrote:

Yunfei Du's picture

Thank you, John. I will ask them to assign a new PLA representative. Sorry for the confusion.

Yunfei Du's picture

Meeting agenda is attached. I will bring print copies to the Convention Center.

Yunfei Du's picture

Sorry for the delay. Here is the minutes in Mid-winter:

Committee on Rural, Native, and Tribal Libraries of All Kinds Minutes

2014 ALA Mid-winter Meeting, Philadelphia, PA

Saturday, January 25, 2014, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Pennsylvania Convention Center 112 B

Attendance: Yunfei Du, Sarah Mchone-Chase (from Legislation), Catherine Cook, Theresa Runnels, Marilyn Lewis, Patti Billings, Wendy Begay, Michael Porter (Executive), John Sandstrom (from OLOS Advisory), Tameca Beckett

Observer: David Ongley

Cook moved to adopt the agenda, Lewis seconded.

Porter reported slight increase of attendance of mid-winter conference (5580). Currently there are about 55,000 members of ALA, about 48% of active librarians. ALA staff received 2% of salary raise last year. ALA also received 1.5 million grant from Gates Foundation on community engagement.

Du reported the program sponsored by RNTLOAK in annual conference in Las Vegas, “Promotion, Advocacy, and Creative Funding Ideas for Rural or Tribal Library”. We requested the program to be on Saturday, June 28, from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. The panelists will be Andrea Berstler, Temeca Beckett, Yunfei Du, and Robert Horton, Deputy Director of Library Services from IMLS. 

The committee also requested a business meeting on June 28 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am in the morning before the program.

RNTLOAK will reach out to AILA and see if they can join-sponsor any programs, or invite a speaker to RNTLOAK panels. The deadline of submitting new proposal is February 9, 2014. John will contact the AILA. Yunfei will contact their chair Debbie Devine.

Lewis moved to adjourned. Cook seconded. Meeting adjourned at 2:00 pm.