Call for proposals - ALA Annual Conference 2013 in Chicago
***Call for proposals—deadline Friday May 17th***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging & Classification Research Interest Group is seeking proposals for presentations at its ALA Annual meeting in Chicago, IL. The meeting will be on Sunday, June 30, 2013, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in N229 McCormick Place Convention Center.
The theme of the meeting will be “Catalog Evolution.” Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Research on transitioning from AACR2 to RDA
• Research on cataloging in a mixed metadata environment with records in multiple schemas, formats, and standards
• Research on transitioning from a traditional catalog to a web-based next-generation or FRBR catalog
• Research on alternatives to the MARC format
• Research on discovery layer catalogs
Full presentations should be 15 to 20 minutes long. Audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations. Brief 5 to 10 minute summaries of less extensive projects or research in progress will also be considered.
Email proposals by Friday, May 17th to Masha Stepanova (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nastia Guimaraes (email@example.com). Please include:
• Presentation title
• A brief (1 page or less) summary of the focus of the proposed presentation
• Stage of project completion by June 2013
• Amount of time needed to make the presentation
• Names and positions of presenter(s)
• Email address(es) of presenter(s)
We look forward to hearing from you!
CCRIG Chair 2012/13
Head, Cataloging & Processing
CCRIG Vice-Chair 2012/13
Electronic Resources and Serials Cataloging Librarian
University of Notre Dame