CFP for Midwinter Meeting in Seattle
by Patricia Hswe on Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 11:15 pm to Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:00 am, US/Eastern
The ACRL Digital Curation Interest Group will meet at ALA Midwinter in Seattle, in January 2013. Our session is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27, 1-2:30 PM in WEST (Denny/Mercer).
We invite proposals for presentations on topics germane to digital curation activities, including - but not limited to - the following (with a HT to my Penn State colleague, Mike Giarlo, for suggesting the last two):
- Roles and responsibilities in digital curation (e.g., who is doing what? what new positions have emerged? if you are in a position new to your organization, what has your work been like?)
- Partnerships and collaborations in research data management services and activities
- Tools, applications, and systems (e.g., what are folks using? how are you using them? what has worked/what has not, and what recommendations can you make?)
- Metadata and digital curation (e.g., how much metadata is "enough" for digital curation?)
- The role of trust in digital stewardship (e.g., how do we validate and increase the level of trust?)
We seek presentations of 20 minutes, tops. If you have an idea for a presentation, then please send a short description of it to the following: Patricia Hswe (email@example.com); Yasmeen Shorish (firstname.lastname@example.org); and Megan Toups (email@example.com) by Monday, Nov. 26, 2012.