Program announcement CCRI at 2011 ALA Midwinter
The ALCTS CCS Cataloging & Classification Research Interest Group will meet at ALA Midwinter 2011 on Sunday January 9, 10:30-Noon, at the San Diego Convention Center, Room 33A. The focus of the meeting will be reports and results from the 2010 ALA Year of Cataloging Research, with time allowed for questions and discussion. The following speech and presentations are scheduled.
*please note: To encourage question and discussion, the last presenter on the agenda is willing to shorten or cancel his presentation if question/discussion runs overtime in earlier sessions.
- 15 min: Cataloging and Classification Literature Review for 2009-2010, Preparation for Library Resources and Technical Services Journal: Project Update-- Sue Ann Gardner, Scholarly Communications Librarian, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
- 10 min + 5 min discussion: Report on the 2010 Year of Cataloging Research—Jimmie Lundgren, Associate Chair & Contributed Cataloging Unit Head, University of Florida
- 15 min + 5 min questions: The Impact of Subject Headings on Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Downloads at Oregon State University-- Richard Sapon-White, Head of Cataloging, Oregon State University
- 15 min + 5 min questions: Are we laying bricks or building cathedrals? A study of the perception of cataloging quality among academic catalogers-- Karen Snow, Ph.D. Candidate, Dept. of Library & Information Sciences, University of North Texas
- 15 min + 5 min questions: An Assessment of the Need to Provide Non-Roman Subject Access to the Library Online Catalog by Magda El-Sherbini and Sherab Chen, presented by Sherab Chen, Associate Professor and Coordinator for Non-Roman Cataloging, The Ohio State University Libraries (this presentation maybe shortened or canceled)
12:00 Noon (end of meeting)