ACRL Liaisons Assembly (Association of College & Research Libraries) Committee
Name: ACRL Liaisons Assembly Committee Monthly Meeting
Start Time: 02/23/2017 3:00PM CST
Duration: 01:00 hour
Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room
Agenda: Discuss proposal from ALA-MW and next steps
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Adobe Connect has recently updated their software. When you log-in, you may notice a screen asking you to install the add-in. If you click “yes,” the update will install in about 20-30 seconds.
- You may need to complete the audio setup wizard after installing the add-in.
- Use Firefox, if possible -- Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
- You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
- Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest -- so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate -- both need to be GREEN.
- Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
- To test audio, click on ‘Meeting’ in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen.
Event: ACRL Liaisons Virtual Meeting - Digital Scholarship
Date/Time: Thursday, December 8, 2016, from 2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. EDT (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. PDT; 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. MDT; 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. CDT).
Location: Adobe Connect - http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r7ezk7dv4rg/ (the current version of Flash is recommended for all attendees)
Speakers: Meg Sica-Brown, Assistant Dean for Collections and Scholarly Communication, Colorado State University; Dunstan McNutt, Research & Instruction Librarian, Amherst College; Erika Jenns, Scholars' Commons Programming and Outreach Librarian, Indiana University Bloomington; Kate McCready, Publishing Services Librarian, University of Minnesota
Description: The panelists will share their experience working in centers of digital scholarship, collaborating with graduate students and faculty, and incorporating digital scholarship into teaching and undergraduate research. There will also be time for Q&A. We look forward to seeing you there! For anyone who is not able to attend, the session will be recorded.