Latest From All Groups
Camden County, NJ Library System librarians and librarian assistants are seeking a new contract and higher wages.
Librarians' assistants in the county, who are represented by Communications Workers of America Local 1014, earn the lowest starting salaries in the state.
Librarians are the lowest paid in the state. The librarians, almost all of whom are women, are represented by AFSCME Local 1454.
RUSA Budget and Finance Committee Agenda
11:00 am CDT, May 2, 2017
Chris LeBeau (Chair), Alesia M. McManus, Barry Trott, Beth German, Liz Kocevar-Weidinger, Kirk G. MacLeod, Amber A. Prentiss, Kendra Nan Skellen, Joseph Yue, Beth Boatright, Greg Fleming, Rebecca Jackson, Micquel Little, Daniel Clark Mack, Chellammal Vaidyanathan, Dr. Rhea Brown Lawson (BARC Representative)
Invited guest: Celia Ross
1. Call to order, introductions – Chair, CHRIS LEBEAU (5 minutes)
2. Volunteer to take minutes (2 minutes)
3. Approval of Minutes, March 30, 2017
4. Budget Performance Reports –March 2017 - LEBEAU (5 minutes)
OUTCOME: Information / overview on the status of the budget
5.Old Business -
- AFL-CIO registrations - MCMANUS
- Recommendation needed
- RUSQ proofreading budget - HORNUNG
- This will have to wait for new Ex Dir.
- Coordinate events and sponsorship priorities - MCMANUS, ROSS
6. New Business/Action Items
- Decide dues increases for non-personal membership categories:
Student ($25); Support Staff ($30); Retired ($30); Non-salaried ($30)
dollar amounts shown are current rates.
- Interest Group Membership Question - Discussion item
- Fundraising or Raising Funds - Discussion item
a. Sell access to prior webinars
b. Campaign to raise money from past presidents and members
c. Other ideas
8.Agenda Building for next meeting - ALL (5 min)
- Approve FY2018 budget
9. Next Meeting: June 25 2017 , 10:30 - 12:00, Chicago
I am calling to order this online meeting of the ALSC Board of Directors.
The topic for this meeting is recommendation for action regarding the Designing Youth Spaces White Paper, and the Logo Rebranding proposal, both discussion items from the Executive Committee meeting om Monday.
To establish a quorum please indicate your presence in a comment below. When we have established quorum I will post discussion for each item simultaneously in separate nodes.
The anticipated schedule for this meeting, assuming both discussions move simultaneously, is:
- Thursday 4/20 post preliminary Discussion
- Tuesday 4/25 move and second
- Wednesday 4/26 - Friday 4/28 voting
Name: ACRL Liaisons Assembly Committee Monthly Meeting
Start Time: 02/23/2017 3:00PM CST
Duration: 01:00 hour
Access: Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room
Agenda: Discuss proposal from ALA-MW and next steps
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
- Adobe Connect has recently updated their software. When you log-in, you may notice a screen asking you to install the add-in. If you click “yes,” the update will install in about 20-30 seconds.
- You may need to complete the audio setup wizard after installing the add-in.
- Use Firefox, if possible -- Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
- You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
- Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest -- so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate -- both need to be GREEN.
- Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
- To test audio, click on ‘Meeting’ in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen.
April 28, 2017
Elizabeth Fox, South Dakota Chapter Councilor, has volunteered to be your lead facilitator at the Chapter Councilors Forum in Chicago. Amy Lappin, New Hampshire Chapter Councilor, has volunteered to be assistant facilitator.
The Chapter Councilors Forum meets on Sunday during the 2017 Annual Conference in Chicago. The forum is an opportunity for Chapter Councilors to meet and discuss Council issues, and is scheduled for Sunday, June 25, 12:30-2:00 p.m., Hilton Chicago, 720 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60605, 1-312-922-4400, Continental C.
P.S. Once again I revised the Chapter Councilor page. New information includes what to do if you cannot attend a conference or if you must resign your office, and addresses whether proxy voting is allowed, including a link to Joseph Eagan's updated Basic Guide to the ALA Council (posted to the ALA Chapter Councilor e-list). See heading Answers to Three Often Asked Questions. In addition, I added several new links to Chapter resources. See also Select ALA Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference Schedule for Chapters.
Note: CRC I is at Hyatt Regency Chicago (Wacker) NOT the Hyatt by McCormick. See the Hyatt Regency link immediately below.
Chapter Relations Committee I, Saturday, June 24, 2016, 1:00–2:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago (Wacker), Columbus G/H
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60601
Tel: +1 312 565 1234
Chapter Relations Committee II, Monday, June 26, 2016, 1:00–2:30 p.m., McCormick, W475b
2301 S. King Drive • Chicago, Illinois 60616; Directions