Latest From All Groups
If you were planning on calling in to participate in this call, our apologies. The call has been moved up to 2 EST, 1 CST, 12 MST and 11 PST due to a scheduling conflict.
The GODORT Cataloging committee meeting is having a conference call on Friday, February 5, 2016 at 1:30 EST, 12:30 CST, 11:30 MST and 10:30 PST. This will a one hour call where we will discuss our mission and 5-year goals. The committee has several drafted goals which we are still working on (listed below) and which we will be discussing. We are also interested in hearing about ideas for cataloging goals from others who call in and are not on the committee. If you are not able to attend and have ideas for goals you would like us to consider, feel free to contact me directly or post to this discussion.
The Cataloging committee mission statement can be found on the GODORT wiki. Draft goals include:
- Discussion of issues/problems related to cataloging government information at each Cataloging meeting
- Toolboxes for Processing and Cataloging Federal, International, and State/Local Government Documents. Update and maintain the content in the toolboxes
- RDA and government information/documents project. Consider an in-depth review/study of how the new standard and the distinctive characteristics of government documents/information interface.
- Explore creating a best practices document related to RDA and cataloging government documents.
- Investigate the transition of government documents from print to the Web, and explore resulting implications for cataloging/metadata.
- Receive feedback from the CC:DA liaison on any changes/discussions that impact the cataloging of government information. Provide input on rules changes that relate to government information. Also, receive reports from GPO and other agencies or vendors and discuss problems with them as appropriate.
Chair, GODORT Cataloging
U.S. & Canada Toll-Free Number: 8667401260
Toll Number: 30324802
International Toll-Free Numbers: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
Access Code: 8933386