ALA Council

View Only
last person joined: 2 months ago 

• 1.  Treasurer's Report - Consent Agenda

Posted Jun 20, 2022 12:55 PM

In reviewing the agenda for Council I, I see that the Treasurer's Report is on the Consent Agenda.  The footnote infers that this is because it will be presented at the Information and Membership Meeting earlier that day.  As previously discussed the I&M Meeting is closed to virtual participants so I won't have an opportunity to ask any questions.  The report has not been posted yet so I have not had the opportunity to review it.  But I am wondering about the process should I have questions?  Can someone please detail for me how to remove an item from the Consent Agenda?  Other governing bodies I have participated in have a fairly easy process -- just ask and it is removed.  Somehow I suspect ALA's process might require more.  :)

I'm asking so that I can be prepared should I have any questions.  I'm finding participating virtually, when so many will be there in person, requires a little more preparation -- just part of the learning curve for us all.  Thank you!

Eileen

--  Eileen M. Palmer Executive Director Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium NJLA Chapter Councilor to the ALA  27 Mayfield Ave. Edison, NJ 08837 (732) 750-2525 ext. 103 (732) 225-0910 (fax) empalmer@lmxac.org

• 2.  RE: Treasurer's Report - Consent Agenda

Posted Jun 20, 2022 02:12 PM
    Some additional information that might be helpful - 

Both the BARC and Treasurer's reports are on the consent agenda.  
    Those reports will likely be posted on Tuesday.
    BARC will cover the current FY22 financials and Treasurer covers prelim FY23.
    PBA/BARC/Div Leadership joint meeting will cover both FY22 and prelim FY23.

Thank you in advance for the careful preparation!

------------------------------
    Maggie Farrell
    ALA Treasurer
    Dean of Libraries
    University of Nevada, Las Vegas
    maggie.farrell@unlv.edu
    ------------------------------