ALA Council

View Only
last person joined: 3 months ago 

• 1.  Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Posted Jun 25, 2022 04:40 PM
    My understanding is that the ALA policy for conference attendees is:

Masks will be required at all ALA events and ALA contracted venues including but not limited to meetings in hotels, the convention center, on the exhibit floor, and on shuttle buses regardless of whether it is required by law at the time of the Conference.   

I am attending virtually so I have no first hand knowledge -- but I have been told by numerous people that the mask requirement is not being enforced.  This is very upsetting to them.  What is ALA doing to enforce the mask requirement during this conference?  Thank you,

Eileen Palmer

------------------------------
    Eileen M. Palmer
    Executive Director
    LMxAC Libraries of Middlesex
    NJLA Chapter Councilor
    empalmer@lmxac.org

• 2.  RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Posted Jun 25, 2022 05:04 PM
    My experience (ymmv) 
    On Thursday and Friday the WCC building staff were pretty active with reminding people to mask up as they entered the registration area. The hotels have been very hit or miss (the public lobby area and hallways) but the meeting rooms where I've been have been fairly well masked.
    (Of course I haven't really left the Council room today, haha)
    -Aaron
    :-)'

• 3.  RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Posted Jun 25, 2022 06:11 PM
    We are Washington D.C. there is no mask mandate! And you home, so you safe! 

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
    Get Outlook for Android

• 4.  RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Posted Jun 25, 2022 06:21 PM
    Just passing along concerns from my members.  Sounds like there is confusion between the DC rules and the rules ALA announced.  I will be glad to clarify the rules to those who reached out if ALA is not requiring masks. 

Eileen

On Jun 25, 2022, at 7:12 PM, Eboni Henry via ALA Connect <mail@connectedcommunity.org> wrote:
    We are Washington D.C. there is no mask mandate! And you home, so you safe! Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device Get Outlook for Android -posted to the "ALA Council" community
    American Library Association

ALA Council

Post New Message
    Re: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual
    Email a reply to the discussion Send a private message via email
    Jun 25, 2022 6:11 PM
    Eboni Henry

Get Outlook for Android

Forward  

You are subscribed to "ALA Council" as empalmer@lmxac.org. To change your subscriptions, go to My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to Unsubscribe.

Original Message:
    Sent: 6/25/2022 7:11:00 PM
    Subject: RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Get Outlook for Android

Original Message:
    Sent: 6/25/2022 6:04:00 PM
    Subject: RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

My experience (ymmv) 
    On Thursday and Friday the WCC building staff were pretty active with reminding people to mask up as they entered the registration area. The hotels have been very hit or miss (the public lobby area and hallways) but the meeting rooms where I've been have been fairly well masked.
    (Of course I haven't really left the Council room today, haha)
    -Aaron
    :-)'

• 5.  RE: Mask Requirements at ALA Annual

Posted Jun 25, 2022 09:42 PM
    I am but one person, but in my experience in DC at this time, I have found it to be a rare exception for people to be unmasked. I'd also like to point out that as Aaron mentioned above, WCC staff IS enforcing the mask policy. As someone who isn't anti-mask but is having to get used to having one because I work from home and it hasn't been something I've had to do for quite some time, I've been asked twice as I entered the building to put a mask on. 

Eileen, I respect your concern for your peers/colleagues, but I also think they are adults and as such, should address their concerns themselves with the ALA staff office onsite. They can find the location in the app.

Erika Long
    School Librarian
    Metro Nashville Public Schools
    TN