ALA Council

View Only
last person joined: 2 months ago 

• 1.  BARC Fiscal Review of Resolutions to be Considered - TAG, Forum, Virtual Membership Meeting

Posted Jun 24, 2022 03:29 PM

Dear Councilors,

BARC met this afternoon.  During the course of the meeting, we considered the fiscal implications of the following resolutions:

Transforming ALA Governance Task Force Report 2021-2022 ALA CD#36 – The net impact of the two resolutions together would have a positive fiscal impact. 

Resolution to Discontinue ALA Council Forum 2021-2022 ALA CD#56 – No fiscal implications.

Resolution on Continuing Virtual Access to ALA Membership Meetings 2021-2022 ALA CD#59 – No fiscal implications.

The BARC decisions are based on information provided by ALA staff working in the respective areas.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rodney

------------------------------
    RODNEY LIPPARD
    Pronouns: He/Him/His
    Director, Gregg-Graniteville Library
    University of South Carolina Aiken
    471 University Parkway
    Aiken, SC 29801
    Office: 803-641-3460
    Email: RodneyL@usca.edu

Chair, Budget Analysis & Review Committee (BARC), 2021-2022

• 2.  RE: BARC Fiscal Review of Resolutions to be Considered - TAG, Forum, Virtual Membership Meeting

Posted Jun 24, 2022 03:36 PM
    Hello Rodney,
    On behalf of the Transforming ALA Task Force, I appreciate BARC's time in getting the fiscal analysis done prior to Council I tomorrow. Thank you to you and the whole BARC team!

Best,
    Amy Lappin
    TAG Chair

• 3.  RE: BARC Fiscal Review of Resolutions to be Considered - TAG, Forum, Virtual Membership Meeting

Posted Jun 24, 2022 06:11 PM
    Hi All,

In Council Forum tonight I was asked about how we determined that the TAG resolutions would have a positive fiscal impact.  A subgroup of BARC met with key ALA staff and prepared a memo for us to review.  The following table is from that memo:

Also, noted is that "expenses that are attributed to Council include professional services (captioner), audio-visual equipment rental and labor, computer rental, internet connection, and overhead.

-Rodney

RODNEY LIPPARD
    Pronouns: He/Him/His
    Director, Gregg-Graniteville Library
    University of South Carolina Aiken
    471 University Parkway
    Aiken, SC 29801
    Office: 803-641-3460
    Email: RodneyL@usca.edu

Chair, Budget Analysis & Review Committee (BARC), 2021-2022