ALA Council

View Only
last person joined: 3 months ago 

• 1.  Are any attendance registration numbers to date for in-person and virtual Annual 2022 available?

Posted Jun 20, 2022 08:39 AM
    Just wondering if we could find out what the current  Annual 2022 registration numbers for the in-person conference and for the digital experience are with under one week to go.  

Thanks in advance. 

Susan

------------------------------
    Susan Martin
    Middle Tennessee State University

• 2.  RE: Are any attendance registration numbers to date for in-person and virtual Annual 2022 available?

Posted Jun 20, 2022 08:51 AM
    Hi,  Susan--
       I'm on the Conference Committee and we have been receiving regular updates on registration from Conference Services during our monthly meetings.  I don't have the most current figures, and I'm not sure whether the Executive Director will have time to gather and report them before the conference begins.  I can say that for the in-person conference we are expecting to get 1/3 the number of attendees that we usually get for a DC annual conference.
      The Conference Committee will be meeting in person on Friday morning, and the meeting is open to observers, so that would be an opportunity to get this information before it is announced in a Council session.

John DeSantis
    Interim Head of Metadata Services
    Dartmouth College
    Hanover, NH
    he/him/his

• 3.  RE: Are any attendance registration numbers to date for in-person and virtual Annual 2022 available?

Posted Jun 20, 2022 09:00 AM

Hi John,

Thank you for responding. Your 1/3 number is helpful. I looked up the 2019 Annual attendance which was 21,460.  So,  using that number as a base, 1/3 of brings an estimated 7,153 for in-person. Digital numbers unknown.

--Susan  

• 4.  RE: Are any attendance registration numbers to date for in-person and virtual Annual 2022 available?

Posted Jun 20, 2022 11:56 AM
    Greetings all,

Happy first federally recognized Juneteenth holiday Monday!

The ALA offices are closed in observance of this date, but I wanted to chime in and restate what some members of the conference committee have already shared. Per our benchmarking of other major association in-person conferences during the pandemic, the ALAAC22 attendance goal was to meet or exceed 7k standard paid registrants. As of last Thursday, we had exceeded that number by 216 registrations. Thus far, including exhibitors, etc. we have over 12k TOTAL REGISTRANTS and expect these numbers to grow a bit this week. 

We will be reporting these numbers at Council as well. 

Best to all on a holiday that is deeply connected to our mission. 

Tracie