Core Digital Conversion Interest Group

View Only
last person joined: one month ago 

✉ Send an email to ALA-CoreDigitalConversion@ConnectedCommunity.org to start a discussion or share a file.

About this Group

👐 Anyone can view all content in the group, but only people who join it can post to it. Anyone can join to participate.

Purpose: A venue for discussing the digitization, preservation, and access of print, audio, photographic, and moving image materials, as well as the migration, preservation, and access of born digital collections, including web-based and software-based materials.

This group is part of Core's Technology Section.

Portraits of three Core members with caption Become a Member: Find Your Home: Core.

• 1.  Greetings

Posted Aug 16, 2022 02:00 PM
    Hello, 
    My name is Beth, and I am the incoming chair for the Core Digital Conversion IG. First, I would like to extend my thanks to Faye Mazzia for her leadership through the first year of CORE, as well as Jenny Levine for guiding my onboarding process.

A little about myself... I am the Digital Collections Management Librarian at Penn State University Libraries, and I am located at the University Park campus in the middle of Pennsylvania. My day-to-day responsibilities include overseeing the Libraries' Digital Collections, as well as the PA Newspaper Archive. I coordinate the workflows of the various digital project streams, including vended services and on-site imaging at University Park and other campuses. Outside of the library, I love going on walks with my dog and cooking with my spouse. 

Last year, I participated in the CORE IG Week program and the expertise among the presenters was inspiring and informative. I hope that members of the CORE Digital Conversion IG continue to learn, collaborate and feel valued within this community.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves via this thread. Also, members welcome to participate in our community discussions whenever you wish. I plan to share questions, projects, articles, and upcoming events as often as I can. 

Thanks for you time, and I look forward to chatting with you soon!
    -Beth

------------------------------
    Bethann Rea
    Digital Collections Management Librarian
    Penn State University Libraries
    She/Her/Hers
    ------------------------------