ACRL Public Community Board of Directors

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

All members are welcome to join this public community to stay apprised of ACRL Board activities. Please click the "JOIN COMMUNITY" button to ensure access to discussions, documents and events. To post a discussion, group members can add a new discussion to this community or can email ALA-ACRL-BoardPublic@ConnectedCommunity.org

Charge: The composition and the duties of the Board of Directors are defined in Article IX of the ACRL Bylaws: Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall have general oversight and direction of the affairs of the Association. It shall conduct all business pertaining to the Association, and shall have authority to make decisions for the Association during the periods between meetings.

ALA Annual Conference Talking points

• 1.  ALA Annual Conference Talking points

Posted Jun 22, 2022 01:55 PM
      |   view attached

Colleagues,

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the Annual Conference meetings this coming weekend.  Attached is a summary of ALA activities that may assist you in preparing for our forthcoming discussions and for the ongoing work throughout the year.  I will highlight a few items that may be of interest.

The Operating Agreement Work Group is submitting its final report, EBD#40.1 and it includes three recommendations to review a recommended draft policy, if approved – to form an implementation team, and to develop a new budget process.  The joint meeting of PBA, BARC, and Division Leadership will discuss on Sunday and there will be additional ways to provide feedback this fall.  You may also submit comments and questions to Andrew Pace or me.  It has been our pleasure to co-chair this Work Group of dedicated and thoughtful members.

During our meetings, we will consider the second draft of the FY2023 budget.  We will also look at the FY2022 budget results through January.  The BARC and Treasurer reports provide more detail on the progress we have made so far with our financials and the work before us as we hopefully come out of this pandemic. 

Transforming ALA Governance (TAG) will be the major focus of ALA Council and I hope you have had a chance to review proposals and speak with your Councilor.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or issues that need to come before the ALA Executive Board.  And on a final note, this is my last update for you as your ALA Treasurer/Executive Board liaison – it has been a pleasure to meet with you and to know of your excellent service to ALA.  I wish you good health and safety.

------------------------------
    Maggie Farrell
    ALA Treasurer
    Dean of Libraries
    University of Nevada, Las Vegas
    maggie.farrell@unlv.edu
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)