ACRL Technical Services Interest Group Program and Business Meeting
ALA Annual Meeting, June 24, 2017, 4:30-5:30 pm
Hilton Chicago, Conference Room 4D
“Getting Rights Right: Copyright Metadata in Digital Collections” presented by Sara Benson, Copyright Librarian & Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign;
“Winds of Change: James Madison University Libraries’ Participation in the VIVA/Zepheira/Atlas Linked Data Pilot” presented by Steven W. Holloway, Head of Metadata Strategies, James Madison University; and
“It Says on the Label: Cataloging and Classifying Denial Literature in Academic Libraries” presented by Catherine Oliver, Metadata and Cataloging Services Librarian, Northern Michigan University.
Business Meeting Agenda
- Review of activities this year:
- Midwinter in Atlanta: presentations by Leigh Ann DePope and Kelley O’Neal from the University of Maryland and R. Cecilia Knight from Grinnell College.
- ACRL in Baltimore: dinner Friday, March 24, at 6pm at Luna del Sea; 10 members attended.
- Co-sponsored ALCTS preconference, Friday, June 23: Cataloging and Metadata for the Web: Meeting the User Where They Are.
- Plans for the future:
- Currently looking for an Incoming Convener to take start following this meeting.
- Ideas for future activities welcome.