The ALCTS Technical Services Directors of Large Research Libraries Interest Group (aka “Tech Services Big Heads”) will be holding our Midwinter 2018 meeting virtually on Thursday, January 25, 2018, at 11-12:30 PST / 1-2:30 CST / 2-3:30 EST.
To attend the meeting, please follow this link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8429161088925927683. Audience members will be able to participate in Q&A during the meeting via chat or voice.
The meeting agenda is below. The other Big Heads members and I look forward to your participation in our MW 2018 meeting.
Chair, ALCTS Technical Services Directors of Large Research Libraries Interest Group
Technical Services Directors of Large Research Libraries
Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11-12:30 PST / 1-2:30 CST / 2-3:30 EST
1. Introductions and virtual meeting logistics – Marty Kurth, Paula Sullenger (10 min.)
2. Expanding roles of technical services staff, including integrating technology skills with acquisitions and cataloging activities – Betsy Friesen, Nina Servizzi (15 min.)
3. Digitization and digital asset management (and their relationships to TS portfolios) – Beth Picknally Camden, Paula (15 min.)
4. Transitioning from MARC to Linked Open Data (LOD) in production—current LOD projects expect some sort of “implementation,” but what does that mean to Big Heads?—what do we as a group think should be in place for interdependent work? – Philip Schreur (15 min.)
5. The “Assessing Staff Alignment in Technical Services” model – Jim LeBlanc, Marty (15 min.)
6. Brainstorming agenda items for Annual 2018, incl. topics previously discussed: Big Ten Collaborative Resources Mgmt TF, FAST survey results (10 min.)
7. Open Q and A from the audience (10 min.)#Agendas