(Crossposting to multiple discussion lists)
The University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota) invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Associate Vice Provost for University Libraries.
For details on the position, qualifications, and application process, see:
The AVP for University Libraries is a member of the Academic Affairs leadership team who provides strategic leadership to sustain and build a library system that is responsive to the needs of the university community, that is focused on the library's role in teaching and learning and that is in full support of the university's mission. The AVP leads library staff in the delivery of library services, collection development and management, and outreach. The AVP is responsible for library personnel, budget, technologies and facilities to support the operations of the University Libraries. Additionally, the AVP advocates for the libraries and library staff with university administration and faculty, and collaborates closely with academic and administrative leaders on campus and external partners and consortia.
The AVP will:
1. In collaboration with the library management team and library staff, prepare, communicate, and implement a strategic vision for the long-range development of the University Libraries to meet the teaching, learning, and scholarship needs of the university, incorporating innovations in information resources, services and access, organizational structures/roles for library staff and library buildings and spaces.
2. Provide leadership, supervision, and support for the development of the library management team in the UST Libraries. Recruit, support, and supervise a diverse staff. Engage with and advocate for library staff and support best practices in communication as well as morale building.
3. Lead the library in evaluating and maintaining first-rate digital and in-person library services. Stay abreast of trends and developments in the role of the library in academia. Work to develop assessment measures and metrics that assess the libraries' effectiveness and ensure the most effective stewardship of university resources.
4. Facilitate collaboration between library staff and university colleagues and faculty to integrate the libraries' goals and objectives into the teaching, learning, and scholarship missions of the university; chair the Library Advisory Committee.
5. With the UST Libraries' management team, and with input from faculty and administration, prepare and administer the annual budget.
6. Participate in the development of collections in a variety of appropriate formats that support the curriculum of the university.
7. Promote collaboration and establish working relationships between UST Libraries and other libraries locally, regionally, and nationally for purposes of collection development, joint purchasing of electronic resources, and resource sharing.
8. Monitor and analyze the use of the libraries' physical spaces and collaborate with the university facilities department to provide the best spaces for teaching, learning, scholarship and community.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our University's mission: Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educated students to think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully, to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
Mark K. Ehlert Alma: NA02 Cataloging and Metadata Librarian Primo VE: NA02
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library, University of St. Thomas
"Experience is by industry achieved // And perfected by
the swift course of time"--Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen of
Verona," Act I, Scene iii
225 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1300 | Chicago, IL | 60601 | USA
Request a New Community