*** Please excuse cross-posting ***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at the ALA Midwinter Conference to be held in Atlanta on Saturday, January 21st, 2017 at 10:30-11:30am.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
This year's theme is "Best Practices for Digital Repositories" and potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
· Metadata application in digital repositories;
· Archiving, curating and preserving special and cultural heritage collections;
· Linked data implementation in or related to digital repositories;
· Research data, datasets and digital repositories;
· Implementing guidelines and standards for digital repositories;
· Metadata choices in digital repositories and in the traditional library environment;
· Support open data and open scholarship using digital repositories;
· Assessment of content and impact in digital repositories;
· Use metadata and data to improve digital repository services;
· Issues, challenges and opportunities in cataloging in digital repositories.
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Jessalyn Zoom (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sai Deng (email@example.com) by Friday, November 11th, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sai Deng and Jessalyn Zoom, Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Bridges and Debra Skinner, Co-Vice Chairs
50 E Huron St. | Chicago, IL | 60611 | USA
© 2009-2018 American Library Association
Join | Renew | Donate
Request a New Community