The University of Wyoming seeks applicants for a Liaison Librarian position, with a health sciences focus.
Responsibilities: Serve as Liaison Librarian to the Colleges of Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing, and other areas as assigned. Provide research assistance, consultation services and library instruction to faculty and students. Develop guides and tutorials to further information access .Facilitate partnerships between assigned academic areas and the Libraries for curriculum, research, scholarly communication, and digital initiatives.
· MLS from an ALA accredited institution.
· Education or experience in a health sciences discipline.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt in a changing work environment.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively within the Libraries and with other campus units.
· Experience providing research and instruction services in an academic, medical, or health sciences library.
· Experience in online learning environments.
· Experience designing and delivering classroom instruction.
· Demonstrated knowledge of library assessment techniques.
· Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in the health sciences.
Application and salary:
Complete the online application including uploading as one document: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. The on-line application is at:
The University of Wyoming is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
The University's policy has been, and will continue to be, one of nondiscrimination, offering equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without regard to such matters as race, sex, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, or other status protected by state and federal statutes or University Regulations.
The University of Wyoming is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, education, employment and motor vehicle history. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
50 E Huron St. | Chicago, IL | 60611 | USA
© 2009-2018 American Library Association
Join | Renew | Donate
Request a New Community