The deadline has been extended to the end of this month, November 30, 2019. Please submit your proposal by filling out this form -- http://bit.ly/Midwinter2020CMIG -- by this new deadline.
As a reminder, the ALCTS CaMMS Catalog Management Interest Group seeks speakers to present at its 2020 Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, on Saturday, January 25, 2020, from 1:00 to 2:30 pm.
The Catalog Management Interest Group discusses the various issues involved in cataloging, classification, authority control, and metadata application after the initial cataloging has been performed, including its impact on discovery. It provides a forum for exchanging information and discussing techniques, new developments, and problems with managing the data integrity of library catalogs and related discovery tools.
Presentation topics might include, but are certainly not limited to:
* Providing or improving access to digitized collections
* Processes for updating existing records to reflect digital versions
* Transforming existing records for use in an institutional repository
* Describing collections to enhance user experience
* Subject analysis and classification to support diversity, inclusion, or equity
* Modifying granularity or fullness of records to improve discovery
* ILS migration
* Workflows for managing data
* Relevant project or staff management
* Relevant training tips and tools
* Updating records to support linked data
We look forward to hearing from you!
Marina and Dan, CMIG Co-Chair
Florida Southern College
Dan Tam Do
Head of Cataloging
University Library System
University of Pittsburgh
50 E Huron St. | Chicago, IL | 60611 | USA
© 2009-2019 American Library Association
Join | Renew | Donate
Request a New Community