EBSS Online Learning Research Committee Annual 2009 Committee Meeting Minutes
Date: Saturday, July 11th 10:30-12:00
Committee Name: Online Learning Research Committee
Hyatt Regency McCormick (HRM) Conf. Ctr 12 A-C
Name of Person Submitting Minutes: Lori Mestre
Lisa Baures, Beth Broyles, Corinne Bishop, Lori Mestre, Mona Niedbala, Alice Perez, Kate Silfen
Members Excused: Cindy Judd, Sarah Cantrell, Johan Oberg
Visitor (incoming member) Sharon Naylor
a. Lori reviewed the state of the Toolkit and the group agreed to work to move it to the EBSS wiki to help with the maintenance and updating. Lori will work with Mona to submit the appropriate forms to EBSS publishing and also with Jessica Albano and Jill Woolums (web managers) to create a space on the EBSS wiki for us.
b. Mona will coordinate with members of this committee to then take responsibility for one portion of the wiki to update. This will need to be an ongoing task of this committee.
c. There was an initial conversation about additions to the wiki. Lori agreed to do the following:
a. We reviewed the sections people have done and areas yet to be completed. Additionally, Sharon (new to the project) will work on the section in the literature review that details the importance of librarians using learning objects for instruction/course management (perhaps including the state of where we are and what's happening). Although three of the authors will be rotating off the committee (Alice, Kate and Corinne) they agreed to continue working on their sections (and Alice agreed to contribute to the Discussion section). Lori will go through the article (in track changes) with some feedback.
b. Due to the difficulty of working with this draft in ALA Connect, Lori will migrate the article to Google Docs for us to work on.
c. Lori will prepare the forms for EBSS publishing to alert them to this article and get their assistance. Beth will find out the contact person for us.
1. Lori will make changes to the wiki to incorporate changes suggested. She will contact the EBSS web managers to create a space on the EBSS Wiki. She will work with Mona to prepare the necessary forms to go to EBSS publications.
2. Beth will get the contact person for us for publications.
3. Lori will move the survey article draft to google docs, make suggestions and send back to group. Target deadline to complete survey edits is August 30. Lori will also fill out the publication forms to send to EBSS publishing.
4. Mona will be responsible for coordinating at least one virtual meeting this fall.
5. Mona will take over responsibility of efforts on the toolkit, although Lori will work with the transition of it from the web page to the EBSS wiki.
50 E Huron St. | Chicago, IL | 60611 | USA
© 2009-2019 American Library Association
Join | Renew | Donate
Request a New Community